BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys have any of you swapped out your parking headlight bulbs for LEDs? I am talking about the backlighting ones that are on if bike isnt started or in the bulb that isnt on. I read about an HID kit but just was wondering if someone knew if you could just change the parking lights out to led.

I have an led license plate light on my tail tidy and now I am hooked haha!

What brand and model do I get?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm in the process of doing mine on my 15 later today. Another member was helpful in describing how to remove them. I've already replaced my headite bulbs to a piaa Xtreme White bulbs but it looks like crap with those stock yellow running light bulbs in there now.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey guys have any of you swapped out your parking headlight bulbs for LEDs? I am talking about the backlighting ones that are on if bike isnt started or in the bulb that isnt on. I read about an HID kit but just was wondering if someone knew if you could just change the parking lights out to led.

I have the phillips I believe Led I'll get you a model number in the AM. I found all the info on this site. I got mine from pep boys.

·
Registered
114 Posts

here you go!

https://medium.com/armins-blog/2015-bmw-s1000rr-first-mod-lights-bc42ac0c1606

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's really easy. Both lights are held behind the circular cap and make sure you pull the headlight plug off first to make it easier then pull out the wires to the running lights and lift the locking tab and it comes right out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's really easy. Both lights are held behind the circular cap and make sure you pull the headlight plug off first to make it easier then pull out the wires to the running lights and lift the locking tab and it comes right out.
I cant seem to get em out, maybe its just me. I tried again last night and broke the tab.

I also work at DDM and throwing in the red LED's

·
Registered
136 Posts
I used a small flat head screwdriver and kept pressure on the wires coming out while moving them in a circle motion and they both slid out. I can't remember which way I pushed the tab, but one of them was more snug than the other. It is easier if you can get their part of the harness out of the housing where you can get your fingers on it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts