BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is where the added power has come from revised runners in the head different cams and different velocity stacks can it be done Will the cams fit in a 14 head or would a complete 15 motor fit in a 14 and would it require a different ecu.

·
Registered
493 Posts
If you can get them at a crazy good steal give it a try. If you have to buy at or close to new price walk away fast!

If i needed more power on my 14 and most of the basic mods were done already (start there if not) Then i would look into putting some aftermarket cams and parts on the top end from a good company.

I would guess that you could make more power from aftermarket 2014 cams then the stock 15 cams.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it was more out of being curious than anything and then i realized it would also require a new exhaust as well since the 15's exhaust has changed. I figured all this stuff would start showing up on ebay shortly at very reduced prices. Sometime i think too much :grin2:

I have heard nightmare about aftermarket valve springs and valves dropping so I am very nervous about that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
SpeedRR, i wasa thinking of swopping a 15 head as well on my hp4. haha

With regards to exhaust headers, i have a buddy who ran a 10-14 akra full system on his 2015 s1000rr. lathe off about 2mm on each of the exhaust runners will fit into the 2015 S1000rr cylinder head

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bumping this thread as i came across a great deal for a 15 head throttle bodies and airbox. There has to be a tech on here that would know if it will fit and if they will work

1 - 10 of 10 Posts