BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 2015 S1000RR for sale with 60,000km and in need of a new exhaust for $6000 and I was wondering if it would be worth the purchase for the low price. The owner says it still runs really well and has been cared for attentively.

·
Administrator
6,994 Posts
Check the service history with BMW, if you know nothing about bikes bring a friend that does, check the usual sprockets, brake pads, etc. and buy it. Seems like a reasonable deal if you want that gen of BMW.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Can't say without seeing it. Price is good but lots of things could be wrong with it too. Best way would be the dealer check it over for you. Why does it need anew exhaust?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the service history with BMW, if you know nothing about bikes bring a friend that does, check the usual sprockets, brake pads, etc. and buy it. Seems like a reasonable deal if you want that gen of BMW.
Ive owned a r6 and i'm going with my dad who knows a lot since hes had multiple throughout the years. Ill make sure to write a checklist of what to look over with thank you for the advice! Ive heard good things about the rr community and happy to join it soon.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I'm assuming bike has been dropped and repaired? Make sure bike has OEM body work, not eBay ones. Make sure one key works on all three.... ignition, tank and passenger seat. Put bike on the stand and turn wheels.....make sure they are straight and turns freely.

Engine... transmission... quick shift... settings and modes...... can't really check them unless you test ride.

Check bike's title. Be sure to have clean title. Not rebuilt or branded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts