BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2014 HP4 about a week ago that needs some fixing up. Bike must have lowsided and the clip on bent the top part of the left fork, and it won't compress all the way. Looks like I need to replace it.

Standard HP4 electronic forks are hard to come by and expensive, and I only need the left one. I did however find some 2015-2019 S1000RR OEM DDC electronic left forks for a few hundred bucks. My question is: will these fit on a 2014 HP4? Judging by the pictures, they look exactly the same, including the electrical connector.

Thanks in advance!

· Vendor
5,227 Posts
I got a 2014 HP4 about a week ago that needs some fixing up. Bike must have lowsided and the clip on bent the top part of the left fork, and it won't compress all the way. Looks like I need to replace it.

Standard HP4 electronic forks are hard to come by and expensive, and I only need the left one. I did however find some 2015-2019 S1000RR OEM DDC electronic left forks for a few hundred bucks. My question is: will these fit on a 2014 HP4? Judging by the pictures, they look exactly the same, including the electrical connector.

Thanks in advance!
They are the same in function. There is some difference in the internal spring. I have went the other way. I put the HP DDC on my 2015 and loved it. I think I have a HP4 DDC fork still I would sell. Most of my bikes now have ohlins in them. DM if you are interested.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are the same in function. There is some difference in the internal spring. I have went the other way. I put the HP DDC on my 2015 and loved it. I think I have a HP4 DDC fork still I would sell. Most of my bikes now have ohlins in them. DM if you are interested.
Is the spring rate the same? As in, will the 2015 fork be compatible with the right fork?

DMing now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.