BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 BMW S1000RR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I have a 2014 S1000rr but yesterday I was riding and had only been riding for maybe 10-15mins when all of a sudden the throttle quit responding and the bike died I still had power to the bike but when I tried to start it WITH kill switch on, bike in neutral all that good stuff it would crank but not start and no fuel pump priming. So I took my back seat off and my power commander 5 has no power the bike has had absolutely no problem starting or running at all since I installed the power commander which is all I have no auto tune or qs but the weather has been cold here recently but I keep my bike under a cover when it’s outside and like I said it started perfectly fine that morning let it warm up to temp then rode 10mins down the road when it died on me.

I’ve since taken the tank off checked wiring and connections, fuses, unhooked power commander and still no fuel pump priming. Any help would be appreciated if anyone has had a similar problem!

·
Vendor
3,373 Posts
Maybe the fuel pump is bad. Get one used off ebay. make sure it is for the 12-14.

Get a GS911 and see if it will turn on the fuel pump then you will know if it is bad, or if there are any codes related to the fuel system.

·
Registered
2014 BMW S1000RR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There’s no codes on dash do you think a fuel pump would just go bad like that without any signs at all? Also do you know which wires are 12v so i can hook a battery straight to pump to see if it primes before buying a new one?

·
Vendor
3,373 Posts
Get a GS911. There are codes that do not present a check engine light or code info on the LCD panel.

Fuel pumps are a wearing consumable item. They go out at anytime. Not on some schedule of time or miles.

·
Registered
2014 BMW S1000RR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I got a GS-911 and there’s no codes for fuel pump only exhaust servos because I have the cables removed but the servo is still plugged into the harness

·
Registered
2014 BMW S1000RR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fuel pump turned on and off as well when tested with gs911

·
Registered
2014 BMW S1000RR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anybody have ideas possibly? This issue is really driving me insane and I really don’t want to take to the stealership and have a huge bill to pay.

·
Administrator
7,422 Posts
Pump connector is 3 pins. Pin 1 (yellow and blue) is 12v power, Pin 2 (brown) is Ground, Pin 3 (red and blue) is PWM signal from DME. The electronic fuse in the DME is tripped if the current draw reaches 9 amps or more and then the control unit output is switched off. But you would normally have a fault for this. Put 12v and ground directly to the pump. Or alternatively check the pump connector for power when you switch the ignition on. That comes directly from the DME. So that will tell you what's going on.

·
Registered
2014 BMW S1000RR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pump connector is 3 pins. Pin 1 (yellow and blue) is 12v power, Pin 2 (brown) is Ground, Pin 3 (red and blue) is PWM signal from DME. The electronic fuse in the DME is tripped if the current draw reaches 9 amps or more and then the control unit output is switched off. But you would normally have a fault for this. Put 12v and ground directly to the pump. Or alternatively check the pump connector for power when you switch the ignition on. That comes directly from the DME. So that will tell you what's going on.
I took the fuel pump controller blie connector and snipped it but still have the 3 wire black plug plugged in but put 12v via toggle switch to the fuel pump the bike will run but the fuel pump constantly stays on and I’m not comfortable with that just with the idea I’ll burn my fuel pump up. If I take the 12v & ground wires from the blue connector and wire them to the 3 wire plug for the fuel pump controller would it prime like it’s supposed to or continue to run till the toggle switch is flipped?

·
Vendor
3,373 Posts
Okay will do I’ll let you know the outcome
You need to check if power is coming from the DME to the pump connector. Sounds like the electronic fuse is tripped or the DME is faulty.
Since he indicates there is no DME Fuse Error Level in the GS911, the ECU should be ok and not in a needed reset mode. However, I have seen the fuel pump driver go bad in the DME and this does not present an error. Clone and Replacement of DME is needed. If you get to this point of thought I have the DME's in stock and can clone and test this issue for you.

·
Registered
2014 BMW S1000RR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since he indicates there is no DME Fuse Error Level in the GS911, the ECU should be ok and not in a needed reset mode. However, I have seen the fuel pump driver go bad in the DME and this does not present an error. Clone and Replacement of DME is needed. If you get to this point of thought I have the DME's in stock and can clone and test this issue for you.
I’ve got a replacement pump controller ordered but would it just go out intermittently like it did? Because it was running fine even the day it messed up it started up just like every other time I’ve started it I let it warm up to temp then left got 3 mins down the road and it died. With the fuel pump controller bypassed I still don’t have any power to my PC5

1 - 14 of 14 Posts