BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just purchased a used, low mileage S1000R last weekend after a 20+ yr riding hiatus. Wanted to say hello.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As a new owner, back to riding after 20+ yr hiatus, looking into recommendations on the following mods.

Rear Tailight area cleanup
Slip on
Bigger windscreen

Thanks

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
As I mentioned in my previous post, check out BMW S1000R - Index. Model specific options and parts. I also have a '14 R, I found the Vstream best but very close to the MRA (I have a like new smoked MRA to sell ; ) ). I typically mod the OEM tail on past bikes myself but mine came with a Yosh tail tidy. Lot's of slip-on's slightly used for sale as many buyers opted for the BMW supplied Yosh. and replaced it later. IMHO it looks good and has a decent sound and decel gargle, meets most track sound limits, is CARB approved and no cop hassles. My best/fav mods are Rotobox CF wheels and an Ohlins steering damper closely followed by bar end weights.

Have fun!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx for all those great tips. I will read up on them on the other forum. thx

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
As a new owner, back to riding after 20+ yr hiatus, looking into recommendations on the following mods.

Rear Tailight area cleanup
Slip on
Bigger windscreen

Thanks
wilkommen! those were 3 of my first mods as well! by the time i did exhaust, i'd also done throttlemeister and attack rearsets. that's probably where i should've stopped messing with stuff:unsure:

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Hi, All the best! Nicholas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts