BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day has come after only 3050 miles but im due for new tires. Are there any other options besides the Pirelli Supercorsa V2? I like the V2's and grip is solid but mileage is a bit short for mostly street riding with occasional mountain carving. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the suggestion...do these come in a 200/55R17 rear tire size? With the DDC I hear it's crucial to stay with the factory sizing.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I'm partial to the Pirelli Rosso III. Just installed another set on my RR. Got about 4500 out of the last ones. This is my third set. The Rosso III are actually a really good road going tire. Very good in the wet. My OEMs....I got about 2600 out of the Pirelli Supercorsa rear. Of course, depends on how you ride, any track time and proper inflation. My miles were largely commuting for work out of the last set.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm partial to the Pirelli Rosso III. Just installed another set on my RR. Got about 4500 out of the last ones. This is my third set. The Rosso III are actually a really good road going tire. Very good in the wet. My OEMs....I got about 2600 out of the Pirelli Supercorsa rear. Of course, depends on how you ride, any track time and proper inflation. My miles were largely commuting for work out of the last set.
I appreciate hearing that Rob. I love the feel of the Supercorsa but mileage is harsh for a daily rider. I was looking at the Rosso III but wanted to hear someone's opinion on grip and actual use. I spend some weekends in the mountains carving so don't want to give up knee dragging traction to save a few dollars. Hope aggressive have you ridden the Rosso III?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
The Supercorsa are nice tires. I enjoyed them but i was giving the Rosso a thought. Right now I'm using the Michelin and they feel good. Only have 700 miles on them so I don't know how long they'll last.

·
Registered
755 Posts
The day has come after only 3050 miles but im due for new tires. Are there any other options besides the Pirelli Supercorsa V2? I like the V2's and grip is solid but mileage is a bit short for mostly street riding with occasional mountain carving. Thanks in advance
Rosso Corsa II

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
@cksparks1 Aggressive is a relative term for street riding. 38-43 degrees of lean angle? 45+? It's all relative to the street you're on and the conditions at the time. I've used my bike from 625 miles a week commuting to mountain riding, as late as today, 14F temps, torrential downpours, etc, etc and the Rosso III has answered all that's been asked of it. A company like Pirelli isn't going to put out a trash tire. Their description of the Rosso III pretty much says it all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts