BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nearly everything has been installed and a review of some of the new parts is on page 6 I believe. But bottom line, everything works great, looks great, and I am 100% satisfied with the build so far! Pictures from my most recent installs are below!

Bodywork:
-Full Carbon Fiber kit with race tail and custom paint from Moto XP Ricambi
-Stomp Grip tank pads

Rearsets:
-Attack Performance Rear Sets

Performance:
-Rapid Bike Racing Unit with auto tune
-Alpha Racing Air Filter

Controls:
-Alpha Racing clip-ons
-Alpha Racing ignition delete kit
-Alpha Racing switches
-Renthal grips with Alpha Racing quick turn throttle (15 degree reduction)
-Alpha racing light and kickstand plugs
-Alpha Racing Clutchless Downshift Blip System
-Alpha Racing WSBK Brake Lever Guard
-Alpha Racing Remote Brake Lever Adjuster

Chassis:
-Alpha Racing Lightweight Alum. Sub frame
-Alpha Racing Carbon Fairing Stay
-BITUBO SSW Steering Damper
-Alpha Racing "Quick Action" Fuel Cap
-2D Front Suspension Sensor

Battery:
-Alpha Racing Lithium Polymer Racing Battery

Chain/Sprockets:
-Regina Racing Chain 520 WSBK
-Alpha Racing Front/Rear Sprocket (Stock Gearing)
-Alpha Racing Chain Adjuster Kit

Exhaust:
-Full Arrow Ti with shorty

Protection:
-GB Racing case savers
-Cox Racing radiator guards
-Alpha Racing Carbon Swingarm Protection Kit
-Alpha Racing Carbon Frame Covers Kit

Brakes:
-19RCS Brembo Master Cylinder
-Spiegler Brake lines (front and rear) **UNINSTALLED AT THIS TIME**
-Brembo brake and clutch levers
-Alpha Racing Front Brake Pad Set Duo Sinter BMW HP4

Electronics:
-Alpha Racing Plug & Play Color Dashboard

·
Super Moderator
6,425 Posts
It might be a good idea to check noise restrictions where you plan to ride the bike. That Arrow shorty consistently fails at our local track, it's very loud. Sounds like a great build!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you doing the ABS delete? You have SS lines listed but the stock ones are already SS.

brake lines were bought to allow for the front triple stand. so its no real gain over stock other than getting rid of the distributor that blocks the hole used for the triple tree stand.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It might be a good idea to check noise restrictions where you plan to ride the bike. That Arrow shorty consistently fails at our local track, it's very loud. Sounds like a great build!

no noise restrictions at the tracks I ride, and yeah its pretty loud lol

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get the 2D fork position sensor. You'll want it to be able to fine tune the front damping.

thats literally the next thing on my list. Im only doing two track days this season since I will be in Afghanistan all year so I had to cut off the spending for now. I'll continue to build it up this winter though!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ImageUploadedByMO Free1433441695.869926.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1433441711.459613.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1433441725.666677.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1433441750.243144.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1433441760.693938.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1433441772.850350.jpg

Attack Rearsets, Arrow exhaust, stompgrip tank pads, Cox Racing radiator guards, and GB Racing case savers all installed. Body work is ready for install but won't be going on until brake lines get installed.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Missing one more IMPORTANT thing...

brake lines were bought to allow for the front triple stand. so its no real gain over stock other than getting rid of the distributor that blocks the hole used for the triple tree stand.

Get the 2D fork position sensor. You'll want it to be able to fine tune the front damping.
Brake pads. Brembo Z pads are incredible as long as you warm them up SIGNIFICANTLY on your first lap.

I agree 100% that the 2D sensor is a must. I slapped mine on in like 2 minutes with a crude measurement (everyone says you gotta be precise-to-the-millimeter; mine works fantastic with basically eye-balling it. Maybe I just got lucky).

I agree 100% that you gotta be able to move that pesky brake line splitter. BUT I STILL HAD TO RELOCATE MY LINES to gain full access to the triple-tree hole. I used super heavy duty zip ties to hold the junction lines to the black plastic air dam part under the bottom triple tree clamp.

My man, I've got a present for you. PM me when you get back.

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My man, I've got a present for you. PM me when you get back.

just finished installing clip ons and switches. hit a little snag though... it appears as i was working on my renthal grip one of the throttle cables got pulled loose. the side that opens the throttle works fine, but when i close the the throttle the cable that should keep the grip from continuing to rotate is loose. so if i rotate the throttle forward it will go about half a turn in that direction (if that makes sense...) im taking it to the dealer tomorrow for the 1 year service and to have them install the brake lines and master cylinder, I'll probably just have them fix that too while they are at it...

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fixed the throttle cable, just came loose from the bracket... clip ons, quick throttle, switches, ignition delete, and AIM Solo DL all installed. Once the Rapid Bike gets installed, the body work will go on and it will be ready for the track! Almost done, just another day of work and it will be ready to go! Full photo shoot after everything is done next week...

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well I took some really nice pictures but the file size is way too big... 98kb is a little low resolution isn't it???

1 - 20 of 63 Posts