BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 865 engine was used in Triumphs from 2005-2015. Fits Bonneville, Thruxton, and so on.

This bike caught fire (probably while running) looks like due to a fuel leak on the RH side.
Engine is okay--turns over fine in gear by turning rear wheel. I pulled the cam cover, all looks good inside.

Non-rebuildable title shows 1300-ish miles.
No exhaust, no throttle bodies--intakes and exhausts are capped/plugged to keep weather out. Bike is stored in my garage. Oil lines are capped as well.

I bought this bike to use the swingarm and rear wheel (and maybe the triple clamps/forks/front wheel) on another project.

Then I was hoping to put the late-model engine into an earlier Triumph frame, but the new ones are so different (swingarm pivot now passes through engine cases) to complicate matters enough that this is beyond what I signed up for.

I would like to get this thing out of my garage. Prefer local pickup for $500 or a reasonable offer.
I will ship, but would have to build a suitable crate and it’s a heavy little bugger, so it would cost a few bucks to ship.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,630 Posts
Best to try your local Craigslist, probably lots of wannabe bobber hipster guys troll those pages. At least they do around here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts