BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2013 Ducati Diavel, Red w/ White - Must see!!

Upgraded with:
Zard exhaust - $795
Rizomo side mount plate holder - $195

Mileage: 3,504
Engine Size: 1,198 cc
Engine Type: V-Twin

2013 Ducati Diavel
Weighing just 463 lb, featuring a powerful sophisticated design and offering a massive 162 hp that is managed to perfection via the three Riding Modes, the Diavel is an utterly spellbinding bike that only Ducati could have come up with.

Standard Features:

Diavel concept
The Diavel project was born when Ducati designers applied their wish-list of bike basic instincts to a blank canvas. With a what if? approach to creating a dream bike, they sketched inspiring shapes which became a lower and longer motorcycle. The challenge of building a muscular silhouette over a pure-bred competition motor had to be met with determination and a delicate touch, and the result is a frontal area that looks like a power athlete on the starting blocks, explains the team at Ducati Design responsible for the project. With the front wheel kept close to the Diavel s body and using the short tail of a sport bike, we were able to blend this muscular design with a chassis that matched.

Testastretta 11°
The Diavels heart is the Ducati Testastretta 11° - developed directly from the incredibly powerful, world-beating race engines of Ducati Corse. Ducati s Testastretta 11° harnesses the immense power of the Superbike engine and makes it smooth and adaptable, a massive step forward in balancing high-performance with an enjoyable ride. For an engine with brute power on tap when needed and smooth, user-friendliness available for an effortless and comfortable ride, Ducati revised the configuration of the cam timing with particular focus on the valve overlap angle. The overlap angle is defined as the interval of crankshaft rotation, measured in degrees, during which both the intake and exhaust valves are open at the same time. This overlap occurs between the end of the exhaust stroke and the start of the intake stroke. High performance engines, which are subject to compromising smoothness for extreme power delivery, use high values of this parameter in order to benefit from the pressure waves to improve engine performance by maximising volumetric efficiency. On the Testastretta 11° engine, this angle has been reduced from 41°, used in the Testastretta Evoluzione engine which powers the 1198, to 11°. As a result, the fresh inlet charge flow is less compromised by the exiting exhaust gases, resulting in a much smoother combustion in addition to improved fuel economy and lower exhaust emissions.

Power and Torque
With its 162hp and colossal 94lb-ft (127.5Nm) of torque, the Diavel Testastretta 11° engine is all about authentic Ducati Desmodromic performance. The revised intake and exhaust ports combined with radical adjustment of the cam timing have enabled Ducati to achieve a fantastic torque curve at low rpm, which remains strong through a wider range.

Mike - 540-207-9941
Spotsylvania, VA

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
2013 Ducati Diavel, Red w/ White - Must see!!

Upgraded with:
Zard exhaust - $795
Rizomo side mount plate holder - $195

Mike - 540-207-9941
Spotsylvania, VA
Are you the original owner?
Mileage?
Clean title?
Title in hand or lien?
Were the wheels white from Italy?

Thanks, nice machine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you the original owner?
Mileage?
Clean title?
Title in hand or lien?
Were the wheels white from Italy?

Thanks, nice machine.
5150 Pops,

Sorry, I missed that info - 3,504 miles. Yes, I am the original owner and it has been garaged and well maintained.

Title is clean, but it does have a lien - USAA is the lien holder, but they are very quick to release the title. Last bike I sold with a lien from USAA I had the title in less than a week.

The wheels are stock (so yes, they are from Italy) - I thought/think the white wheels were awesome!

Thanks for looking - let me know if you have any additional questions or just give me a call.

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Excellent!
I did not know much about those models, and what little I did know, had me believing they only came with black wheels, not sure where I got that idea from.
:nerd:

Man, O man, you're sooo close to me too!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, 2013 they came in that awesome red (or blue) w/white race strip and those awesome white wheels.

Being that close come take a look at it - if your interested you can also take her for a quick ride.

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
I strongly encourage going to take a look. I was present when the bike premiered and actively did not want to like it. But after seeing it, and riding it, I appreciate its appeal. It is a hoot to ride, very quick, handles better than one would ever expect, and is remarkably docile and easy to ride around town as well. Neat machine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I strongly encourage going to take a look. I was present when the bike premiered and actively did not want to like it. But after seeing it, and riding it, I appreciate its appeal. It is a hoot to ride, very quick, handles better than one would ever expect, and is remarkably docile and easy to ride around town as well. Neat machine.
Elk, Completely agree with you about the handling - super fun to ride, tips in way easier then you would think with that 240 rear tire, and always gets a thumbs up from others on the road. Funny thing I first saw the Diavel when I was purchasing my 1199 - I look at it and said what an ugly bike... walked around ended back at the Diavel - still thought it was an ugly bike... about my fifth time walking up on the bike (just couldn't help but to keep going back to it), I thought I must really like this bike.

One cool thing about this particular bike is it was one of Ducati's Press Bikes. So if you see press/magazine pics of a red and white Diavel it may very well be this bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts