BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 2012 about 2 months ago. Did a track day the week after I got it and she performed flawlessly. That was at the end of July. Since I’ve had her in my living room on the stands. I took her out for a photo shoot yesterday since I got it painted and it fired up then underload going up a hill I got to about 3-4K rpm and she shut off. Tried multiple times until the engine light came on. So I came home and hooked the gs911 up and this is what I have. Still won’t start and throwing 6 codes. I’ve talked to a few different people and they say battery. Below are pictures of the codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I got it figured out. The quickshifter sensor wire had a mount tab that mounts in the frame it had came out and when I put the chain on it was under the chain. Fortunately it didn’t rip it in 2 but you could see where it wore it a bit. 🤦🏼*♂🤦🏼*♂🤦🏼*♂ hopefully this doesn’t cause any issues racing at Road Atlanta this coming weekend...it is ziptied up and out of the way very cleanly now.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well I got it figured out. The quickshifter sensor wire had a mount tab that mounts in the frame it had came out and when I put the chain on it was under the chain. Fortunately it didn’t rip it in 2 but you could see where it wore it a bit. ����*♂����*♂����*♂ hopefully this doesn’t cause any issues racing at Road Atlanta this coming weekend...it is ziptied up and out of the way very cleanly now.

so the battery was good then?

I am asking because my bike would start OK in the morning, but after it woarms up, it wouldn't start again (after buying some petrol for example). I would try to start it and the engine error would appear too. It would only start if I roll it down the hill and let the clutch out (sorry, don't know the correct name for this).

I changed the battery (mine was 9years old,original BMW!!!!) and so far so good (2 days now)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so the battery was good then?

I am asking because my bike would start OK in the morning, but after it woarms up, it wouldn't start again (after buying some petrol for example). I would try to start it and the engine error would appear too. It would only start if I roll it down the hill and let the clutch out (sorry, don't know the correct name for this).

I changed the battery (mine was 9years old,original BMW!!!!) and so far so good (2 days now)

As far as I know the battery is good. I charged it last night. Now bike runs but feels like it’s not running on all cylinders 🤦🏼*♂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts