BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just joined the forum so thanks for having me. I have a 2010 RR and i have just installed tarmac LED indicators front and rear.
The look amazing. After I first installed i had an issue with the flash rate. I went to BMW to get them to code it to led indicators and still
the same issue. Being the fast flash rate I'm getting.

So I purchased resistors from tarmac. And installed them. When I have my ignition on and select left and right they work fine.(12v)
But as soon as i start the bike up., making it (13.4v) they begin to flash fast again.

I have resistors for each indicator so meaning 4.

Has anyone else had this issue?

My friend has a s1000rr 2013. And he has the same indicators but not the same issue as his bike is a later version.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Administrator
7,107 Posts
I don't think they coded your bike properly. Ask the dealer to try again, you should not need resistors. I had two 2010's and a 2011 and they could use any indicator once the code was changed to "LED" option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think they coded your bike properly. Ask the dealer to try again, you should not need resistors. I had two 2010's and a 2011 and they could use any indicator once the code was changed to "LED" option.
Hi there,

I've been to BMW motoradd and it has been changed to LED function. But still no luck with these indicators i have installed. i do have 4 resistors for each side. But i did read on one post, to take the rear ones out and just leave the front in and then it might work.

Its very confusing

·
Administrator
7,107 Posts
You need to simulate the current draw of the bulb, which of course varies with voltage. All you can do is try because the fast flash can mean low or high current draw.

·
Registered
2013 Granite Grey S1000rr with ABS
515 Posts
Just run resistors to the front… no need for 4 resistors… if it still flashes fast, then the resistance isn’t high enough as far as ohms…

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have resistors in each, and tried last night by pulling 1 of the rear ones out but still flashing fast. When I have all 4 resistors in and yet it with ignition on it works fin. But soon as the bike it’s running I get the fast flash. Maybe I need to get bmw to code it back to a standard light? Instead of and LED one?

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
been trying to come up with a way to find/make some lower profile blinkers, pref. with LED's, so glad i came across this before i start looking. i have a '10 bike, but the electronics are '18. would love to upgrade to the newer mirrors with blinkers built in, but those were a little pricey.

i'll consider myself warned on the LED/resistor issue. thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
could just put a ohmmeter across the original, then across the new one, and use resistors to mimic the same resistance? or maybe you said you tried that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts