BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help is appreciated

My 2010 just started having this issue. When I switch the key to on nothing happens, the dash is dead, no headlights come on, and no sounds are heard. If I wait 1-5 min with the key in the on position the dash will light up and sweep, headlights come one and clicking from under the seat is heard. The bike will then at that time start and run fine for the duration of the ride. Once I switch the bike off with the ignition switch there's a 50/50 chance it will come right back on or start the drill over again. The bike never shuts off while I'm riding. It does this with or without the right side multi switch plugged in. I'm not sure if its a faulty ignition switch or where to start looking.

·
Administrator
6,624 Posts
If your battery is good and you know the connections are tight, I'd bet it's the ignition switch. But it's hard to tell from this far away.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sounds like your ignition switch is bad like the other people indicated. Same thing happened to my 2010 model with 28,000 miles this past spring. I replaced the switch and it completely fixed the problem.

·
Administrator
6,624 Posts
Sooo.....Luckguy19.......We fixed your issue. How about doing us a favour and contributing to this forum by becoming a premium member? It's 'way cheaper than the visit you would have had to make to your local dealer if it wasn't for us. Benny may withold any future diagnostics if he doesn't see that "premium" on your avatar. Or even "Lifetime" if you're feeling generous.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Sooo.....Luckguy19.......We fixed your issue. How about doing us a favour and contributing to this forum by becoming a premium member? It's 'way cheaper than the visit you would have had to make to your local dealer if it wasn't for us. Benny may withold any future diagnostics if he doesn't see that "premium" on your avatar. Or even "Lifetime" if you're feeling generous.

:laugh: It's about time skapan "the enforcer" made an appearance. I thought you retired from the roll. :wink2: Good to see you back and working in tandem with bennymx!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts