BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 such a small number.
2 the number of hours it takes me to ride to my dealer.
2 the number of changes to my Red Sled during its run in service
2 x 1000 the number the Rev limiter was increased.
2 as in too much ****in Fun.

As soon as I could get on some back roads coming out of Houston after BMW of the Woodlands did my run in service today at 580 miles, I put her into Dynamic Pro, and ran her up thru the gears from thru 5th.( ran out of road)
Now I have thought the bike was great during break in but today for the first time, I thought, oh Yeah there's that S1RR engine I remember from my 2010 motorsport!!!
******I don't care if the heated grips on her suck(Ill get some gerbings gloves to go with my jacket liner), I don't care if there are some vibes from the bars (HVMP Bar ends took care of most of them).

This bike is the S1RR I can ride in comfort to anywhere in the country and rail the roads when I get there!! Thank you BMW!!!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Nice post.

Lemme get this right. 2x1000=2000. So you raised your rpm limit to around 16,250 rpm?! Lol you tryna float a valve:nerd:

·
Registered
819 Posts
no its an XR the pre run in BMW set RPM limit is 9k post run in the XR gets 11k:x
Ahhhh Roger Roger I got you. Thought you increased rev limit on RR from 14k to 16k+. Keep it up there with no other mods and it's gonna be a short motor life

1 - 5 of 5 Posts