BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I inquired about what I thought was an add on at my dealer, and they said it was stock on R with Premium package, and I just wanted to double check.

Q1 - is the shut off module stock? Nothing about it in my manual.

Q2 - oh boy, sorry to do this...but, if I’m just street riding...for street riding (twisties included :) ) what tires are most running on their R?
I obviously have a few more miles on stock, just getting started on the research...

Thanks all!

·
Registered
42 Posts
So, I inquired about what I thought was an add on at my dealer, and they said it was stock on R with Premium package, and I just wanted to double check.

Q1 - is the shut off module stock? Nothing about it in my manual.

Q2 - oh boy, sorry to do this...but, if I’m just street riding...for street riding (twisties included :) ) what tires are most running on their R?
I obviously have a few more miles on stock, just getting started on the research...

Thanks all!

The fuel pump shut off is standard now on the 2011 and above. I think the 2010 was an option upgrade.

I do track days on slicks, but, I do my street riding on racing DOT tires. Pirelli SC1 front and Michelin EVO rear, or Bridgestone RS10 G compound. Don't expect a lot of tire life on these track tires however on the street.

·
Administrator
6,700 Posts
Tires are like oil. Lots of choices, even more opinions that may or may not be "right" for your wants and needs. There have been some tire discussions here lately, I would suggest using the search function.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The fuel pump shut off is standard now on the 2011 and above. I think the 2010 was an option upgrade.

I do track days on slicks, but, I do my street riding on racing DOT tires. Pirelli SC1 front and Michelin EVO rear, or Bridgestone RS10 G compound. Don't expect a lot of tire life on these track tires however on the street.

What is the fuel pump shutoff?

·
Vendor
2,632 Posts
What is the fuel pump shutoff?

Its all electronic on the fuel pump shut off. Sensors detect tip overs, and crashes. The fuel pump is automatically shut down.

The fuel tank itself has a swinging pendant inside it that blocks fuel from coming out of the venting port in case of a tip over too.

Reactions: wfo439
1 - 5 of 5 Posts