BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have s1000rr 2018 year , i am thinking about adjust my rear and front suspensions , i have some questions , in menu i have DDC can i lift up or down a bit my bike from ddc menu ? Or to make bike higher or lower only manualy i can ?

I mean i dont like that my rear seat is too high and then my hands are in truble while driving i mean front side of motorcycle is lower then my rear and for a long rides its very tired , so can i do adjustments sag and so on from DDC menu or i have to manualy do it ?

·
Vendor
2,492 Posts
Electronics do not set the ride height and how the bike will position at static position. This requires the replacement of springs usually unless you fall in the weight range the bike was built around from BMW. Even then if you were 190ish with gear on, the comfort of the position still would vary from rider to rider. Being in that weight range, height can be adjusted with preload settings on the front and rear. Then there is the rear shock bolt in the top that has an eccentric adjustment that raises or lowers the rear depending on where it is now. In the factory position it has the rear higher and can be lowered.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Sag is for both front and rear. For me 35mm front, 25mm rerar is good for the street. Some people may like more or less sag.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
There is a good description in the owners manual on how to set sag.

·
Administrator
6,621 Posts
So just adjust for the same result (height) front and back with your weight. IF you cannot reduce the rear to 25mm then you will need a stiffer rear spring.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Start working out. Use your legs/knees more, and you will unload the weight you have on your arms/wrists.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts