BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I guess I'll keep on buying your rejects. :)

Paid $5000 for a 20k mile 2010 S1000RR with a Bursig stand and some Ilmberger carbon and Woodcraft rearsets.

I'll figure out whether to to do the service or pay for it. Either way, I am not losing much.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yo OP

how hard was it to take off the valve cover?
just take your time it's not bad. i'll be redoing my how to videos this winter hopefully they come out better

·
Registered
48 Posts
just take your time it's not bad. i'll be redoing my how to videos this winter hopefully they come out better
Thanks for the prompt reply!!!
Yea I watched your video to do spark plugs haha but I didn’t take off my valve cover

Any special tools? Seems like there isn’t any room for front valve cover bolts. Did you have to move the radiator a bit?

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for the prompt reply!!!
Yea I watched your video to do spark plugs haha but I didn’t take off my valve cover

Any special tools? Seems like there isn’t any room for front valve cover bolts. Did you have to move the radiator a bit?
Besides the coil puller there are no special tools needed to remove the valve cover. I believe you can remove the valve cover without removing the radiator but valve inspection / adjustment may require you to drain the coolant and move the radiator to gain access to the front of the engine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Besides the coil puller there are no special tools needed to remove the valve cover. I believe you can remove the valve cover without removing the radiator but valve inspection / adjustment may require you to drain the coolant and move the radiator to gain access to the front of the engine.
Thank you sir.

My cylinder #1 had a little residue of oil on the coil and the spark plug.

Hopefully it is my secondary gasket underneath the valve cover!

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thank you sir.

My cylinder #1 had a little residue of oil on the coil and the spark plug.

Hopefully it is my secondary gasket underneath the valve cover!
No problem at all :)

Hopefully that's the case. My valve cover gasket weeps a tiny bit, enough to attract some dirt but not enough to drip or lose any oil. Welcome to the club :laugh:

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I missed this thread before--and I won't ever do my own maintenance! But I must say: This is a good thread and the videos are good. They help many of us visualize both the high-level mechanical issues as well as the details. Nice job Smash! Thx.

·
Registered
48 Posts
No problem at all :)

Hopefully that's the case. My valve cover gasket weeps a tiny bit, enough to attract some dirt but not enough to drip or lose any oil. Welcome to the club :laugh:
Haha.
I will be doing valve cover in couple weeks since it takes me about two weeks to receive the parts *sigh. (South Korea problems. BMW motorrad korea sucks balls*literally)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts