BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am going to make susspension setup with my weight i have some questions

1) whats good front rider sag for track use on 17 RR and whats good for street riding

2) whats good Rear rider sag for track and whats for street

3) for messure the length of extended forks and after that messure with rider to count rider sag. , preload must be fully stiffer or softer or does not metter ?

On manual its static sag - raider sag but also there is not infformation before i will messure this sags preload position

· Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

1) whats good front rider sag for track use on 17 RR and whats good for street riding

3) for messure the length of extended forks and after that messure with rider to count rider sag. , preload must be fully stiffer or softer or does not metter ?

according to manual front is 10-15mm but how it counts ? Extended length - rider sag or ?

· Registered
281 Posts

according to manual front is 10-15mm but how it counts ? Extended length - rider sag or ?
I don't have the RR manual in from of me, but I do have the Ohlins in front of me. Mind you not sure if the RR recommendations are the same as the Ohlins manual but the method to measure is the same.

Make your free sag adjustments with the preload adjusters all the way out.

Wherever you take your reference measurements, take them at the same place each time.

I would make sure to ride your bike some before you take measurements to get the oil hot.

Rectangle Font Motor vehicle Art Drawing

Font Handwriting Circle Number Smile

· Vendor
5,227 Posts
If you still have that extended swing arm what use is it to setup the bike for road course riding? Did you strap the front end and ride around like that also? Did you lower the forks in the triples to match the extended swing arm purpose? What are you doing?

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

Reactions: Fosters and Alex_UK

· Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No my friends exteded swingarm, lower frond end and straping is removed i am using them only for drag racing also gap from triple to fork is standard 5mm now

Just i am thinking about to set correct sag for agressive street riding

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.