BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I’m really sorry to bring this dead horse beaten topic up. There’s no definitive answer, so here goes. I had the enormous pleasure of owning a 15 RR Premium a while back. Loved it, but sold it because it was out of warranty and we bought a house.
Well, back in the market and found this 15 R Premium, 4500 miles and dealer maintained, had a cam recall done. Didn’t know there was a recall. I’m on the fence about buying it because of the headaches the 15 model engines have been giving people.

What’s your thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
6,426 Posts
Cam recall? Never heard of that. Does the owner have details on the repair? If it's cheap enough it would be worth it to take the risk. How many miles since the repair?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All he said was it was the cam & follower wear? It was done under warranty so I’d say a year ago.
It’s otherwise in perfect condition. Wants $8500

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all, I’m really sorry to bring this dead horse beaten topic up. There’s no definitive answer, so here goes. I had the enormous pleasure of owning a 15 RR Premium a while back. Loved it, but sold it because it was out of warranty and we bought a house.
Well, back in the market and found this 15 R Premium, 4500 miles and dealer maintained, had a cam recall done. Didn’t know there was a recall. I’m on the fence about buying it because of the headaches the 15 model engines have been giving people.

What’s your thoughts?
Hmm where do you see the issues with 15s? I just picked up one for the same price. Now I'm worried.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts