BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey S1 Gang, has anyone converted there s1kRR to only use 1 headlight?

I have a 2013 (gen2) and was wondering, has anyone converted their S1000rr's to have only one headlight, For example, deleting or removing the large (left side) headlight?

I am wanting to remove the left side large headlight and use a "track" fairing but only on that side and keep the right side circular headlight. Has anyone done this? I am basically wondering:
1 - Do they sell track fairings that have no headlight slots as a LEFT and RIGHT front fairing (not combined as one)
2 - Has anyone bought a front track fairing and cut a hole for 1 headlight out?
3- Anyone in general found a way to run only 1 headlight

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm trying to find a similar solution with my track only s1krr, would like to be able to use her on the street from time to time. Filling the hole on the left side of the upper is an option, as well as installing a single light in race glass (true race fairings will not have any headlight cutouts).

If I was in your situation I think filling the hole on the OEM upper is probably your best bet, for two reasons. First, with race glass you'll have to fab some mounting points for the headlight, second, it's unlikely (I can't confirm 100%) that the angle of the OEM upper is the same as the race upper so it'd be a challenge to mount the headlight flush. On the flip side, problem with using the OEM upper is, do you have the skill to fill that hole yourself or are you going to pay for someone to do it, and either way you get it done you'll need a paint job.

I don't have an OEM upper so I think my plan is to mount something very simple on the outside of the fairing just to say I have a "headlight". Although, I love the single headlight endurance look, I may go that direction at some point...

Still looking for a solid solution though, if you come across something be sure to post it here.

·
Administrator
6,637 Posts
You can request one or both headlights blocked off when you buy the Chinese ABS fairings off of eBay. The lights mount to the fairing stay, so all you need is the hole in the right place (or not). You could also cut a race upper and paint yourself using the stock fairing stay to mount the light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts