BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE to be a part of August's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 S1000rr
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have about 42k miles on my 16' RR and of course the front servo flapper thing is leaking. Has been for a while and would quite up once the bike got warm but its gotten to a point of annoyance. I have a set of akra headers I'm gonna install cause they were MUCH cheaper than replacing the factory pipes. My question is, since my mileage is gonna sky rocket here in the next year and since I have the headers off. Would it be worth just throwing a new set of 02 sensors on? Clean the old ones? Just put the old ones back in? My automotive side says put the old ones back in. My motorcycle side says replace. I don't know how long these 02 sensors last so I'd hate to have them crap out and leave me stranded.

·
Vendor
4,687 Posts
If you are doing full exhaust it would be 99% better to have an RCK3 race flash with the HP WSBK maps installed to the ECU. ( which I do for people ) .. then you can eliminate the O2 sensors and the need for flapper valve servo buddies. And the best bonus is the HP increase to 196HP at the rear tire, and the other is the throttle response cleaned up at 4000 RPM.

Reactions: Stew
1 - 2 of 2 Posts