XWorks ECU Flash Calibration for 2020 BMW S1000RR - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Garage
Exclamation XWorks ECU Flash Calibration for 2020 BMW S1000RR

Unleash the full potential your K67 BMW S1000RR with the XWorks flash ECU calibration.

What is XWorks? XWorks is the BMW's engineering code name from a testing session of one of the M bikes at the Portimao race track in 2018. This ECU flash is derivative of this coding which was used on the test bike.

What does the XWorks ECU Flash do? The US spec 2020 BMW S1000RR is very restricted in 2nd and 3rd gears, and this has been the major complaint of most riders. The restriction is caused by the throttle by wire system of the new S1000RR not applying above a certain percentage of throttle and opening up the throttle blades accordingly. So in short form, when the rider twists the throttle above a certain point, the ecu electronically restricts the amount of throttle that is actually being applied.

The XWorks ecu calibration removes these restrictions so that the throttle blades respond instantly to the throttle being twisted. Furthermore the Xworks ECU calibration has been tuned to maximize power gains from a full exhaust system and a performance air filter.

XWorks ecu calibration will also remove the indicated 186mph limit shown on the speedometer.

XWorks ECU calibration is intended for offroad competition use only!

What is needed for the XWorks ECU Flash? In order to complete the XWorks ECU flash, your ECU, Igntion and the Key are needed.

Why is the ignition and key are needed? In order to be able to 100% verify all parameters of the calibration, the ignition and key must be present. Without the key and ignition being present, there is no way to verify that the calibration is perfect.

What is included with the XWorks ECU Flash?
- The initial calibration to remove restrictions and install the XWorks coding.
- Two future updates. These can be either updates to the coding as they are released, or it could be used to return the ECU back to stock coding. For coding updates, your ignition will no longer be needed, only your ECU will be needed.
- Shipping labels for the initial calibration are included. This means you will have to only take your ECU and ignition with key to a FedEX location, and use the provided shipping label to ship out your hardware. Shipping labels are not included for the update services.

How much?
- The XWorks ECU Calibration is $699.95 USD.
- XWorks ECU calibration can be purchased directly through our website: https://www.motomillion.com/products...00rr-2019-2020

How long does it take? All inbound and outbound shipping services are provided by FedEX Express and included in the total price. Once you drop your hardware off to the FedEX location, it will take 2 business days for the hardware to be delivered. The XWorks ECU calibration will be performed in 1-2 business days after receiving your hardware and then it will be shipped back to you with FedEX Express 2-Day service. So in total the turn around time for this service should be expected to be 5 to 6 business days.

Shipping labels are only included for customers located within USA.

Overnight shipping and expedited calibration options are provided upon request, potentially reducing the turn around time to 3 business days. (Please call us in order to have this request processed).

A FedEX Express shipping box will be provided to you at the FedEX location at no cost. Please ensure that your hardware is securely packaged. The packaging is your responsibility.

For any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
smash adams, Fatal, wfo439 and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 06:35 PM
Lifetime Member

BMW_388 is happy to service and support MotoMillion customer base. The first customer is serviced and shipped on FedEx today. I am looking forward to the positive results that some ECU testing is about to occur with this customer. ECU A against ECU B. Something only BMW_388 ( me ) specialize in doing.

Riding and loving my 2020 K67 with the custom XWORKS ECU
Check out MotoMillion ( forum Vendor section ) for all your needs in ECU work
Check out MotoMillion also has programming for RCK3 / HP power Kit enables now
Programmer for MotoMillion is myself ( BMW_388 )
I personally own the 2014, 2015, 2018, 2020 S1000RR
This makes for checking my ECU work is perfect every time sold by MotoMillion
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Garage
Reporting from the testing we did this weekend.

We wanted to put the XWorks ECU flash to the test. To be able to see the true differences, ideally you would want to keep as much variables as constant as possible. Our overall goal was to have an extremely transparent test showing the real results without fluffing up any numbers, and to provide unbiased hard data to the consumer.

To make the results as credible as possible, we wanted to be able to have one bike, dyno it back to back with the stock ECU and flashed ECU, which would give us the true results of the flash. It is straight forward in theory, but a bit more complicated to achieve, since ECU's are married to the key of the bike.

As you know, the variables could be; the bike, the dyno, fuel, weather etc... With the cooperation of XWorks we were able to make this possible this past Sunday. XWorks was able to provide us a flashed ECU along with the stock ECU that worked on the same bike. This was great news, and we were just as curious as anyone else would be to see the results in a fair environment that would give you concrete and credible results.

This past Sunday, we had a 2020 S1000RR M package on the dyno at Ducati Detroit. The bike only had the Akrapovic Titanium GP Shorty full system.

The first graph we will post is comparing the two runs done in second gear (Just waiting to get the other graphs emailed to us, once we have it, we will post them up as well.) Both runs were done with the rear wheel inflated at 40psi, using 93 octane premium pump gas. Same bike, same conditions, dyno runs being performed within minutes of one an other.

As you know dyno rooms get hot when doing runs after runs. To give the stock ecu the advantage, the first pulls were all done on the stock ecu, then the XWorks flashed ECU was swapped over to do the runs on the flashed ecu.

The red line is showing the stock ECU's pull, and the green line the XWorks flashed ECU. As you can see the differences in both pulls in the lower RPM range is huge, and there are gains throughout the rev range. The highest difference in power between those two lines was a staggering 44hp.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 02:37 PM

Wow!! Thanks for taking the time to do this head to head run @MotoMillion! Amazing work @BMW_388 Big hole all the way up to 10,500!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020 BMW S1000RR M (Street)
2013 BMW HP4 #2710 (Street)
2013 BMW S1000RR (Track)
2013 Suzuki DRZ400SM (Everything)
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2019 F150 SCREW LARIAT
Check out my IG Page... S1000RRGram
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 02:47 PM

WOW!
MotoMillion and BMW_388 like this.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 02:53 PM

Congrats BMW_388 ! Finally some good Dyno charts!
MotoMillion and BMW_388 like this.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post
Wow!! Thanks for taking the time to do this head to head run @MotoMillion! Amazing work @BMW_388 Big hole all the way up to 10,500!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are welcome. Not to forget, @BMW_388 also deserves some credit here for being open to have such a transparent and open comparison. I guess no that we have the real data out, we can see why he didn't even hesitate. We also want to thank him for sticking to the tight deadline, all of this literally was planned over a few days, usually when there are this many parties involved it is hard to get something going so quickly, but I guess all the stars aligned this time for us.
Elk, smash adams, Fbto and 2 others like this.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 05:40 PM

Dammmmmm..... it looks great.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 05:45 PM
z00

The Xworks graph looks pretty linear to me. Great work @BMW_388.

Surprised the bike only made 185HP.

Any graphs for torque?
smash adams, wfo439 and BMW_388 like this.

2015 s1000RR (dead)
2016 R1
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't got enough lube
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
The Xworks graph looks pretty linear to me. Great work @BMW_388.

Surprised the bike only made 185HP.

Any graphs for torque?
You know it's completely dyno dependent. I know of a completely stock bike the made 205 on a dyno in Sacramento.
BMW_388 likes this.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode