XWorks ECU Flash Calibration for 2020 BMW S1000RR - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 69Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 10:13 PM

Thats lowest the dyno graphs ive seen online for the 2020. 185whp. I know dyno varies with each machine. What matters is the stock baseline and the increase post flash. 👍🏼
BMW_388 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 11:30 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rbatim View Post
Thats lowest the dyno graphs ive seen online for the 2020. 185whp. I know dyno varies with each machine. What matters is the stock baseline and the increase post flash. 👍🏼
Dyno numbers are so subjective these days. It totally depends on the calibration and the offset used.

185HP is also the lowest I have seen from my ECU work. However, I have an independent dyno screen shot that shows 206HP with the XWORKS.

In my opinion, it is about 194-196HP at the rear tire. There is no magic 12-15HP sitting there on the table from BMWAG waiting on the ECU work to grab it on the top end at about 10k to 14k. Down in the lower area, yes, there is some power to be found.

Its like you indicate V3rbatim, there is the base which in this case is the stock 2020 ECU, and then the XWORKS installed right behind it. Same dyno, same bike. My sig on here for months upon months. Clone ECU's are going to rule the world. ECU A against ECU B on the same dyno for real time comparison.

My clone skills are 100%. Someone tried to say the VIN was a ghost, the VIN was from a stolen bike, the VIN was all zero's. The ECU is 100% back to back. If you buy a clone ECU the MPU program count is going to be 1. I dont have used BMSO ECU's. I have only brand new virgin ones that I program upon order and I have your stock ECU to read and clone.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 01:32 AM
z00

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo439 View Post
You know it's completely dyno dependent. I know of a completely stock bike the made 205 on a dyno in Sacramento.
With a full system and a flash I'm hoping 200hp min to the rear wheel on any dyno
My R1 make 182HP on a conservative dyno, main reason why I'm surprised.

2015 s1000RR (dead)
2016 R1
2017 R6 (track)
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't got enough lube

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
The Xworks graph looks pretty linear to me. Great work @BMW_388.

Surprised the bike only made 185HP.

Any graphs for torque?
Waiting on the graphs to be emailed.

It made 191.5rwhp. The bike that was used for the testing has been on the same dyno many times and the numbers we attained this past Sunday were all consistent.

This graph is in 2nd gear, and the dyno used was a Dynojet 250. The get the true hp numbers you need to be dyno at the closest 1:1 ratio, which usually is 4th or 5th gear.
wfo439, z00 and techno_violet like this.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Garage
Ryan Jones, a Motomillion sponsored rider racing a 2020 S1000RR with the XWorks flashed ECU, and a few of Alpha Racing goodies plced 1st in class by a margin of 3.622 seconds.

Ryan is not a member on here but he has mentioned that the XWorks flash is one of the key factors to his success.

As you can see on the dyno graph posted, the mid range power is dramatically increased, but further more there are more advancements in terms of traction control and wheelie control when it comes to the XWorks flash, which makes all the difference on a road course.

Congratulations to Ryan Jones on his victory. We will keep you posted as he racks up more podiums and wins.

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Vendor

Garage
Feedback from a fellow forum member who is using the XWorks calibration on his 2020 S1000RR. Sounds like he had a blast at COTA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020M View Post
On I different note I just got back from a track day at COTA. First off I cant thank XWorks enough. Not only does he have a great flash but is always ready to help with any issue that you may have( I had none). My bike was by far the fastest bike down the back straight consistantly over 2 days. I never had to draft another rider to pass and was never passed down either. I had a buddy try draft me on his 18 S1000RR but couldn't. I am really happy with my service I received from XWorks and would happily recommend them for your flash needs.

Xtremsiege2 and Kiev1981 like this.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 06:28 PM

I don’t remember seeing a 2020 in Level 3 at COTA all weekend? I guess I’ll look through the pics, I may have missed it. Plenty of super fast bikes in level 3.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 07:12 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxerguy855 View Post
I don’t remember seeing a 2020 in Level 3 at COTA all weekend? I guess I’ll look through the pics, I may have missed it. Plenty of super fast bikes in level 3.
Justin ran in 2B coming from his 2013 GSXR1000 and was still getting adjusted with the new 2020 BMW S1000RR with its XWORKS ECU. The bike only had 450 miles on it.

Last edited by BMW_388; 08-27-2019 at 07:15 PM.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 08:52 PM

Ah, got it. Bold statement about being “the fastest down the back straight” when not in the top group as there were plenty of very fast bikes in our group.

Did see that bike next to the tire guy. Does he have the carbon wheels? I looked at it, but can’t remember. A beautiful bike indeed!
techno_violet likes this.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 06:09 PM

I rode level 2A and B and was never passed down the back straight. Didn't need to draft another bike to get around someone. Im not saying that I'm the fastest guy at cota I'm just saying that my bike with the XWorks flash was super fast down the straight.Ty Howard was ment to throw a leg over the bike but he got busy and it never happened. My brother(Motobros) rode my bike and I can absolutely say is one of the fastest guys at cota rode my bike and said that it was the fastest bike he has ever ridden.
smash adams, wfo439 and BMW_388 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode