Cota roll call - Page 6 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homyality View Post

Here's me and my suit. I don't pay too close attention to who is around me as I am focusing so much on my lines and the next corner. I really make it a point to not look at other riders too much, especially with how new I am to track days. I did pass a few S1Ks out there but definitely got passed be more than I passed!

There was one guy out there on a black bike with white and black leather who was killing it. I was usually starting in the front of the group and he would always pass me on the first or second lap and be out of sight by the end of the session.

If it was me, yes, I am all stock!

The best session I think I had was with a S1000RR in front, the girl on the digi white/black Ducati, and then me. The entire session we ran 1/2/3, me in the back, and I kept pace with them. I felt like I was pushing my comfort just a little and I was very happy with the outcome.

My fiance timed me at 2:50.1 on the second session back from lunch. I may have shaved a few seconds off from that in the sessions afterward but not too many.
I was in garage 17 directly in front of your set-up. You had your wife and kido with you too right? This was my first track day and what a blast! Going back in August for both days this time in group 2. Really looking forward to it!

"Life is short so lean into the corner, twist the throttle and see what happens next!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakawack View Post
I was in garage 17 directly in front of your set-up. You had your wife and kido with you too right? This was my first track day and what a blast! Going back in August for both days this time in group 2. Really looking forward to it!
Yessir! I had some family come grab the little one after a little while but yeah, we were all there. She rides too and was bummed she couldn't make it to COTA so she is fully involved in all of it.

It's such a great time. If I can make the money work I'll be out there for one day for sure in August. Hope to see you out there!

COTA is such a cool track to be at because it's the only place I've been to where you see 90% liter bikes, half of those being S1000RRs. Makes you feel included, instead of just a shrimp in a crowd of Japanese bikes like usual.
post #53 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 12:40 AM

I am going back on the 27th of August...the last one was my first track day and I am hooked! Did Cresson this past weekend and had a blast there running the 1.7M in reverse. Thinking of making the move to slicks. Ran the stock Pirellis that come on the forged wheels and they felt great...I cannot imagine what slicks would feel like...hopefully finding out soon.! I will swing over and say hello next time if I see you there!

Cheers,
Nak

"Life is short so lean into the corner, twist the throttle and see what happens next!"

post #54 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 01:07 PM

The California Superbike School still has a few spots available for their school at COTA in August! I sure do wish I was on the roster for coaching that track Maybe next year

"Leap and the net will appear!"
mistihurst.com
post #55 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 12:02 AM

Good evening All,

So COTA was my first track day, my second was Cresson two weeks later and the third will be COTA in August. It was such a great time that it has made me not really want to ride on the streets anymore. I am not a pro by any stretch of the imagination, but talk about living the dream...woohoo! So let the roll call begin...is anyone going back in August with Ride Smart? I would like to meet some of the folks from here if anyone is heading out there again. Riding with folks that share a passion for the sport is a blast and you all have been very helpful since I joined, so thank you for fostering good relations and inspiring people like me to learn more.

Cheers,
Nak

post #56 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 11:46 AM

Garage
I will be there the 27th. Ill also be at Cresson the 13th and 14th of this month

NESS11
post #57 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romes4rs View Post
yes 2:25 is quite quick for level 2 and cota in general! I rode in level 3 both days and you still get some traffic. Concerning the :20 min sessions, there are 4 groups so that's how you get 15 min sessions.
RideSmart/COTA usually runs 4 groups for 20 minutes each in this track order starting at 8am:

3 Adv
2A Int+
2B Int
3 Nov

Track is hot until 6pm so usually, every group gets (7) 20-minute sessions...if you can stay in the game that long.
the_gooch and Luker669 like this.
post #58 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 05:51 PM

Ill be at COTA the 27th. It'll be my first time on that track cant wait !!
post #59 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 02:14 PM

Aug Cota

So who went to COTA last weekend? I met a few S1K riders, most I met were new to the track. Saw one '15+ wrecked. I've seen some others from here are posting about COTA in other threads. Good times. I was in Level 3.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s1000rr cota.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	155042  

'15 S1000RR
'12 Ducati Panigale 1199 Tri
'07 Ducati S4Rs x2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode