3Likes
  • 1 Post By Xtremsiege2
  • 1 Post By z00
  • 1 Post By SaiyanMuscle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Angry

Hi Everyone,

It's been quite some time since I've posted on the forum and am very sad to say that the reason for this post is due to the fact that my bike was stolen [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/IMG]

DATE: 7/23/2019
TIME: 1:30 - 2pm
VIN:WB10D2100GZ354537
PLATE:817T3T
Modifications: Pazzo short levers, M4 Carbon Exhaust, PSR Kickstand, R&G Frame Sliders
VIDEO: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_S...DTzJ3RzRj/view You can see the guy riding off at 1:00.

Not only did they break into the house to steal my bike, they stole several other high dollar items. I'm still reeling from this entire thing and have done a lot of the legwork for the local police, including finding a list of possible suspects that fit the profile and have discovered many frightful things. This was not considered a "crime against a person" and the department is so bogged down with cases so unfortunately, it's not a high priority for them.

I haven't been able to ride the bike at all this year so I reduced the amount of coverage on the bike to liability. I figured it's been sitting in the garage since last fall, it would be perfectly okay. As a result insurance will not cover the loss nor will my homeowners insurance.

Nonetheless, I try to be hopeful although I know realistically I may never see my bike again.. I'm hoping that I may EVENTUALLY find solace in a 2020 RR sometime in the future [IMG class=inlineimg]/images/S1000RRForum_2015/smilies/tango_face_crying.png[/IMG]

Thanks

-Muriel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RR.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	202110  

Last edited by msmurielle; 08-05-2019 at 10:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 11:18 AM

Holy crap, i'm sorry. That sounds you may have some sketchy neighbors or live on a busy street since you don't ride much, how would anyone know you have an s1000rr sitting in the garage?

No comp. coverage is awful for this kind of theft, my friend had his ktm stolen a week ago in NJ, but it was in an apartment building so they have had better luck tracing everything. This is another reason to always had comp. coverage-flooding, fire, theft..all the BS you can't control.

Hope it turns up or the crooks are caught.
dochp likes this.

///Xtremsiege2
2016 B&RR s1000rr Premium
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremsiege2 View Post
Holy crap, i'm sorry. That sounds you may have some sketchy neighbors or live on a busy street since you don't ride much, how would anyone know you have an s1000rr sitting in the garage?

No comp. coverage is awful for this kind of theft, my friend had his ktm stolen a week ago in NJ, but it was in an apartment building so they have had better luck tracing everything. This is another reason to always had comp. coverage-flooding, fire, theft..all the BS you can't control.

Hope it turns up or the crooks are caught.
I appreciate the note, That's what is terrible.. my neighborhood is pretty safe and quiet. My house is on the furthest street from the entrance.

I feel as if the bike was targeted.. they took some things out of the house but left others. There was one guy specifically present to ride the bike. I'm definitely not being that stupid again, I've been beating myself up about the insurance.

I edited my post to include a video if you're curious.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:00 PM
z00

Sorry to hear! That sucks.

Did you leave the key in the bike? How were they able to start the bike?

If you don't have comp insurance, I hope you had some security cameras and kept the key away from the bike.

It's suspicious that a thief would know you have a bike in the garage if you have not ridden it in a year. The thief is most likely to be an acquaintance, a friend, or a friend of a friend that knows a thing or two about you.
dochp likes this.

2015 s1000RR (dead)
2016 R1
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't got enough lube
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 07:53 PM

Damn Muriel, I am SOOOO sorry to hear this. If my wife had her RR stolen she would be devastated and a raging killer. I hope by some slim chance the dirt bags either get caught or get in a nasty crash and run over with no damage to your ride.

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this".
S1000RR (hers) | 350EXC (hers) | XT250 (hers)
ST4s (mine) | R1250GSA (mine) | 500EXC (mine)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:12 PM

I'm sorry to hear this. Hope you get some sort of justice. AND hope you still don't owe on the bike. hate ******* thieves.

Wife- every Asian man who owns a store is not named Mr. Lee

Me- lol.....damn your right.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:32 PM

Ugh.... Sorry to hear that. They should get life in prison for stealing bikes.

2014 HP4 Comp #5961
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 11:52 PM

*goes into garage and removes keys from both bikes*

I'm super sorry to hear what happened, especially knowing the details that someone just broke into your house. It must be devastating but the good thing is that nothing happened to you. I wish you the best!
dochp likes this.

2016 BMW S1000RR
2014 Yamaha R6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode