Another round of **** sandwich- stolen HP4 NJ - Page 3 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 19Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 05:12 PM
van

Garage
Not exclusive to BMW, either... at least one Ducati 1199 maybe two with the second perhaps being a Panigale R.

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP Wheels, Yoshimura R-55 LE Exhaust, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, Bonamici Rearsets, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 10:00 PM

Garage
I'm surprised he can even get a policy at this point. Most companies will not write a policy to anyone thats had two thefts reported within a certain time frame.

Two taps on the helmet means go faster
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 01:07 AM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsanrt1988 View Post
Sro what do you mean "another unfortunate event for an HP4 you've owned" has this guy gotten his previous hp4's stolen also, lmao if that's true. Tragic but funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he lightly wrecked one of them in a parking lot type accident from what I remember of the story he told. Insurance totaled it and he did buy back, and then parted it out.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 01:33 AM

Dang I hate hearing bike theft stories
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
Not exclusive to BMW, either... at least one Ducati 1199 maybe two with the second perhaps being a Panigale R.
Yes, my 1199R I crashed on the track. It was in fact an 1199R. THe engine went to a reputable Ducati dealerships general manager out west. I explicitly told Rider the bike was crashed on the track and I was covered. I tried selling with some fairing damage and nobody was interested so I parted it out. Is that your problem? I used the insurance to buy a new HP4 which at the time I wasn't a fan of riding. I posted it on here for sale for months priced at $19,000 for a 2014 HP4 Comp with around 2,000 miles. Again, no interest not a single serious buyer so yes I parted it out and made back my money. Again.... where is the problem?

I fail to see why so many of you are butthurt. Before some of you even try and begin some libelous bullshit I highly recommend you check your comments.

The fact you turn this into a bitch fest over my choice to part out two motorcycles in the past I couldn't get sold is absurd. Sorry for you assholes who bitch that it was left outside. Thats the only choice I have/had. My own home doesn't have a garage, and I slept at a friends home that is closer to work who doesn't have one either.

OH, and maybe abefore some of you tried spewing MORE bullshit on here you'd know that not even 24 hours later another riders CBR600RR was stolen about 2 miles away.

So unless you walk in my shoes feel free to keep your opinion to yourselves.

Last edited by SeeYa; 06-26-2016 at 10:28 AM.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 10:45 AM
van

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYa View Post
So unless you walk in my shoes feel free to keep your opinion to yourselves.
Don't post your problems or acts of stupidity on a public forum and you won't find a long list of opinions...

Besides, that is a choice response considering that you recently left a pretty harsh comment on someone's thread who was asking about warranty coverage on a crashed bike.
Elk, sro and 5150 Pops like this.

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP Wheels, Yoshimura R-55 LE Exhaust, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, Bonamici Rearsets, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 10:53 AM
sro

Quote:

Besides, that is a choice response considering that you recently left a pretty harsh comment on someone's thread who was asking about warranty coverage on a crashed bike.

Well said.
van likes this.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 12:44 PM

now back to motorcycle theft...
I would post an article from a JAX news site but it is filled with pure stupidity. For example :

1.Cover the motorcycle with a basic, non-named cover to conceal the model from “drive-by hunters” looking to steal a specific model.
2. Block the motorcycle in with cars.

The list goes on... but what I would like to highlight is that the Sheriff's office has noticed an increase in motorcycle theft.

I truly believe it is an organized ring pulling off these thefts. The police make it easier for this to continue because they just don't follow up with anything and assume there is no chance to retrieve the vehicles.

All that aside... sorry about your bike. I too don't have many options for storage. I have however purchased as much security as possible. If I was allowed ...the hooks that bolt into the concrete seem like a great option. I would get a couple if they would let me drill into the parking garage.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 01:43 PM
Elk

Quote:
Not to mention trying to sell a bike without a valid title, etc.

As I posted earlier, Karma's a bitch.
van likes this.

'15 S1000RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in