Ride of the Century-St Louis-Aug31-Sept1 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Ride of the Century-St Louis-Aug31-Sept1

MEGA sportbike event held every year in St Louis.

Anyone else going? Gonna be my first year. I am gearing up and getting ready!

Last edited by S1000MAN; 08-15-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 10:51 PM

Garage
I'm gonna say "no".

Not my scene. I don't wear Icon and Joe Rocket jackets with Mechanix gloves and DC tennis shoes as my "gear".

It's a personal choice and though this comes across as condescending I assure it isn't. I just don't associate with people who ride like that and draw attention to themselves and then wonder "why do the cops have it in for me".

Professionals do it in a professional environment on a closed course.

2014 BMW HP4/C - #5096
2008 Ducati Desmosedici Team Colors - #187
2015 One Bad Ass Schwinn on layaway.

"Endeavor to do something for someone who cannot repay you".

"Each day, you wake up and decide who you wish to be. Endeavor to do something great".
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

TO each his own........I think aside from the actual controlled stunt displays and competitions being held at the bike bike dealer on Saturday, the big ride on Sunday at 2 is mainly just a massive sportbike event of biblical proportions and little control by the police. THere are so many of them.....

The ride on Sunday is about 3K-4K strong.........

Call me what you will, but I am looking forward to it. Was in on a pretty big sportbike ride in St Louis a couple weeks ago with about 50 of us, and it was so much fun....

Really looking forward to my first ROC......Careful and cautious, first and foremost.....at least as careful and cautious as you can be in a pack that size..

Last edited by S1000MAN; 08-15-2013 at 11:02 PM.

post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 11:03 PM

I wouldn't for a couple reasons
  1. I don't like riding in big, well organized groups. They have crashes caused by rider error. During that, they have catastrophes caused by rider stupidity
  2. Every year, the LEOs get angrier and more frustrated at their ineffectual response. It's only a matter of time before one of them lashes out and things go really wrong.
  3. Don't want some cop posing with my HP4 like it's some 10 point buck he bagged one fine mornin. The exotics will be the trophies during a takedown.
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 08:38 AM

Those huge rides suck balls. It's like being in an orgy....hard to concentrate on what's in front of you and it could lead to your death

'13 HP4 #0543
09 CBR1000RR Repsol
post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 10:15 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroshio View Post
  1. I don't like riding in big, well organized groups. They have crashes caused by rider error. During that, they have catastrophes caused by rider stupidity
  2. Every year, the LEOs get angrier and more frustrated at their ineffectual response. It's only a matter of time before one of them lashes out and things go really wrong.
  3. Don't want some cop posing with my HP4 like it's some 10 point buck he bagged one fine mornin. The exotics will be the trophies during a takedown.

Haha, trophy catch is right!

I'm out!
post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1000MAN View Post
TO each his own........I think aside from the actual controlled stunt displays and competitions being held at the bike bike dealer on Saturday, the big ride on Sunday at 2 is mainly just a massive sportbike event of biblical proportions and little control by the police. THere are so many of them.....

The ride on Sunday is about 3K-4K strong.........

Call me what you will, but I am looking forward to it. Was in on a pretty big sportbike ride in St Louis a couple weeks ago with about 50 of us, and it was so much fun....

Really looking forward to my first ROC......Careful and cautious, first and foremost.....at least as careful and cautious as you can be in a pack that size..
You and your boys are lucky that TV cop characters like Vick Mackey are just what they are, tv characters. Judging by all the footage from previous years, ROC attendees have been very naughty. If i was attending those type of rides I would feel blessed that certain laws prevent vicious roadside beatings for doing horsecrap like felony eluding, "controlled" stunt riding on public highways and etc.
Quote:
One of these years, we will see a footage of a Rodney King style beat down during one of these rad events.
post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Site Sponsor

Thumbs down

Sportbike equivalent of Harley trash. Have fun.
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motif View Post
You and your boys are lucky that TV cop characters like Vick Mackey are just what they are, tv characters. Judging by all the footage from previous years, ROC attendees have been very naughty. If i was attending those type of rides I would feel blessed that certain laws prevent vicious roadside beatings for doing horsecrap like felony eluding, "controlled" stunt riding on public highways and etc.
One of these years, we will see a footage of a Rodney King style beat down during one of these rad events.
Was thinking more along the lines of one of them either "accidentally" pulling into the path of them (sorry mates I didn't see ya!). Or "losing control" of his vehicle.

Either could potentially take out a dozen or more
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Was thinking more along the lines of one of them either "accidentally" pulling into the path of them (sorry mates I didn't see ya!). Or "losing control" of his vehicle.

Either could potentially take out a dozen or more
These wastes of air are not worth the lawsuits. I am hoping for at least one of vids like this.

Motorcycle stunt rider hits cop car while riding a wheelie crash fail [ORIGINAL] Viral Crashes - YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode