MotoGP 2019 (Spoiler Alert) - Page 13 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 137 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 10:17 PM

Rins had plenty of time to watch MM and he had much more speed mid-corner. Amazing finish!

As for Jorge, he should just retire. His tantrums directed at his team and his other oddball behavior are bad for the sport. He shows a total lack of sportsmanship. I don’t think Ducati or Yamaha would take him back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Rins got smart and learned from Dovi how to beat MM.

Aside from tire wear, MM said he went a bit wide in last corner, had to let go off the gas, Rins has a faster speed through the last corner and all of those variables helped him win. Either way Rins is an awesome rider!

Too bad Suzaaki does not make a good street Gixxer to compete with others.
smash adams and bennymx like this.

2014 S1000RR| Full Akro Titanium Shorty| Alpha Performance ECU| BST Wheels| Sato Rearsets| GP Shift| BMC Race Filter| 520 Conversion -1F/+1R| Brembo RCS Master Cylinder| Smog plates| Shorai Li Battery| Sato Race Hooks.... destroyed last week. Anti freeze midncorner took me out along with a buddy on an R1M. RIP

Other Bikes: Shopping for new sport bike

2018 R1200GS Rallye

2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR

2015 FZ7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 137 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 10:21 PM

I think Quatararo is showing the potential to be a true challenger for Marquez next season. Fabio is riding the slowest bike on the grid and he is still able to keep up with the Ducati’s and Honda’s. It would sure be nice to have a real battle for the championship.

2014 S1000RR| Full Akro Titanium Shorty| Alpha Performance ECU| BST Wheels| Sato Rearsets| GP Shift| BMC Race Filter| 520 Conversion -1F/+1R| Brembo RCS Master Cylinder| Smog plates| Shorai Li Battery| Sato Race Hooks.... destroyed last week. Anti freeze midncorner took me out along with a buddy on an R1M. RIP

Other Bikes: Shopping for new sport bike

2018 R1200GS Rallye

2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR

2015 FZ7
post #123 of 137 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post

Too bad Suzaaki does not make a good street Gixxer to compete with others.
I'm not exactly Stoner, but my L7 Gixxer has seen off many BMW's & Ducati's on the street and track ... the L7 is by far the most reliable bike I've owned, the jury is still out on the new S1000RR, just have to wait & see.

2020 S1000RR M Sport on order
2019 Speed Triple 1050RS
2018 GSXR 1000R

post #124 of 137 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 11:43 PM
z00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capercat View Post
the jury is still out on the new S1000RR, just have to wait & see.
The new s1k is so reliable that its whole factory itself needed a reset for a production overhaul.

Gixxer can be a fast bike, look at AMA races superstock/superbike. It's just that they're wider and heavier. I prefer the ergos and style of Yamaha. Ducati feel but with Japanese engineering. IMO they make the best track bikes, the R6

2015 s1000RR (dead)
2016 R1
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't got enough lube
post #125 of 137 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capercat View Post
I'm not exactly Stoner, but my L7 Gixxer has seen off many BMW's & Ducati's on the street and track ... the L7 is by far the most reliable bike I've owned, the jury is still out on the new S1000RR, just have to wait & see.
That's down to the rider not the bike. I can paste most guys on sports bikes on a R 1250 GSA on knobby tyres. I've done it on a K1600GT and a R1250RT as well.
Elk and smash adams like this.
post #126 of 137 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 02:23 PM
Vendor

Garage
MotoGP has been getting some real good races this season.

I think that MM forced Rins wide on purpose and he exactly knew where Rins was. But then again it is MM, he isn't known to be the cleanest rider out there. Just so surprised he doesn't get called out for it.

Just like what was happening on Qualifying, the Moto 3 guys get penalized for cruising on qualifying, but when MM is cruising to sit behind Rossi while he is qualifying.
netaron likes this.
post #127 of 137 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 05:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo439 View Post

That's just racing. It could be argued Marquez took his normal line. As the passing rider, it was Rins responsibility to avoid the collision and he did.That was a ballsy attempt on Rins' part considering the speed. I was rooting for him. Never thought he would pull it out last corner of the last lap. I'd say Marquez must be pissed losing the last 2 races in the last corner of the last lap. He wasn't because the championship is in the bag. He admitted his tires were toast at the end..
I get that, but I dunno I just feel like MM saw him in his perfs and was like "oh hell no"...... especially since like you said, had lost the last race on the final corner. I think it would be hard to argue he that he didn't take his line if he just gradually "drifted" a little wide. You definitely see though that after he noticed rins almost overtake him he started to push a little harder. Definitely a ballsy move to try and pass on the outside, I was rooting for Rins too hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMillion View Post
MotoGP has been getting some real good races this season.

I think that MM forced Rins wide on purpose and he exactly knew where Rins was. But then again it is MM, he isn't known to be the cleanest rider out there. Just so surprised he doesn't get called out for it.

Just like what was happening on Qualifying, the Moto 3 guys get penalized for cruising on qualifying, but when MM is cruising to sit behind Rossi while he is qualifying.
Exactly! I wouldn't put it past him to "coerce" Rins to go off track a bit to keep his lead. And that whole show in qualifying annoyed me too. I was like c'mon quit the BS and just go. Enough with the games.
wfo439 likes this.

16 S1000RR - current
12 S1000RR - traded in
06 CBR600RR - Track Bike
post #128 of 137 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 06:36 PM
Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRod321 View Post
Exactly! I wouldn't put it past him to "coerce" Rins to go off track a bit to keep his lead. And that whole show in qualifying annoyed me too. I was like c'mon quit the BS and just go. Enough with the games.
This is why most of the MM fans are bandwagon fans, they have just started recently watching MotoGP and they like the guy just because he is the one winning most of the races.
wfo439 likes this.
post #129 of 137 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMillion View Post
This is why most of the MM fans are bandwagon fans, they have just started recently watching MotoGP and they like the guy just because he is the one winning most of the races.
I liked him from the start. He hasn't stopped winning lol
post #130 of 137 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:15 PM
z00

Dovi, Rossi (when he was competitive), and others all use dirty tricks to gain some advantage. They all play dirty when it comes to winning!

2015 s1000RR (dead)
2016 R1
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't got enough lube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode