Opinions on Pilot Power 3 and Pilot Power 2CT - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 03:16 PM
Senior Member
 
k9crew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 938
Garage
Yeah I wish i could get the Q3+ but they dont make 200's and the Q3's are not part of the rebate. I love the Q3's as without a doubt they have been the best tire for me for more than 4 years now. : So now I'm going to try the Metzlers and hopefully they'll work for me . If not then back to the base Q3 it is.

2016 BMW S 1000 RR Premium Black Storm Metallic
2012 Racing Red/Alpine White
2007 SV1000
1978 GS 750
k9crew is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 271
Checked motosport.com

It appears the Q3+ are part of the $50 rebate.

https://www.motosport.com/dunlop-sportmax-q3-plus-tire-combo
shadowchemos likes this.
bahkhok is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 09:24 PM
Senior Member
 
BrandDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NoVA
Posts: 275
Garage
That was noted in the 5th post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahkhok View Post
Checked motosport.com

It appears the Q3+ are part of the $50 rebate.

https://www.motosport.com/dunlop-sportmax-q3-plus-tire-combo

2016 S1000RR Premium (DDC, Forged, etc.)
2015 S1000R, Frozen Blue Metallic (for sale)
2013 HP4 Standard, Competition wheels (SOLD)
BrandDC is offline  
 
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 09:48 PM
Senior Member
 
k9crew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 938
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahkhok View Post
Checked motosport.com

It appears the Q3+ are part of the $50 rebate.

https://www.motosport.com/dunlop-sportmax-q3-plus-tire-combo
Q3+ yes standard Q3 aaah No! To add Q3+ no 200's available. WTF are they thinking

2016 BMW S 1000 RR Premium Black Storm Metallic
2012 Racing Red/Alpine White
2007 SV1000
1978 GS 750
k9crew is online now  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 11:24 PM
Senior Member
 
wfo439's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 3,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9crew View Post
Q3+ yes standard Q3 aaah No! To add Q3+ no 200's available. WTF are they thinking
The 190s work just fine. Try them! You'll see.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain
wfo439 is offline  
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
shadowchemos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by simes007us View Post
The q3+, the s21s and the power rs are pretty much direct competitors....depending on which profile u like go with that.
PP2CT's and power 3's are ancient technology in terms of tires at this point.
What do you mean which profile I like? Whats the difference between the q3+ and the power rs because with that rebate the q3 are quite a bit cheaper and if they have similar life and grip I wouldn't mind trying them.
shadowchemos is offline  
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
shadowchemos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahkhok View Post
Checked motosport.com

It appears the Q3+ are part of the $50 rebate.

https://www.motosport.com/dunlop-sportmax-q3-plus-tire-combo
Do you have any input on how these compare to the power rs?
shadowchemos is offline  
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 01:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Rykkerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowchemos View Post
Do you have any input on how these compare to the power rs?
Bang for the buck, I think the S21 + rebate wins. But it depends on the riding you do, or more specifically, are you actually going to push the tire anywhere close to it's limit on traction.

If you're a newer track rider or just a canyon carver, you can ride with S21/Q3+ just fine and will get longer life out of them.

Power RS should be higher traction than Q3+, but with worse wear.

In my opinion:
Tier 1: Racing slicks
Tier 2: Single compound/track day slicks
Tier 3: Power RS>RS10 (but close)
Tier 4: S21>Q3+ (but close)

I've ridden both S21 and Power RS, both are fine tires. Power RS rear lasted about 500-600 track miles on a 600 with relatively gentle throttle coming out of turns, so pretty good. I like the front better than the rear. The rear didn't seem too difficult to break loose in the last 200 miles/multiple heat cycles. I've also seen people using Q3/Q3+, and have ridden Q3's, but never pushed them.

If you're not pushing the tires, just buy whatever is cheapest. It's not going to matter, so save the $$$. All of them are fantastic tires.
shadowchemos likes this.
Rykkerr is offline  
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 02:17 AM
Senior Member
 
simes007us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowchemos View Post
What do you mean which profile I like? Whats the difference between the q3+ and the power rs because with that rebate the q3 are quite a bit cheaper and if they have similar life and grip I wouldn't mind trying them.
Each tire is literally a different shape outside of being a hoop. Supercorsa Pirelli's fronts for example turn into what's basically a triangle after some use which is great for handling. The power rs tires for example retain their round shape throughout their life which gives you a consistent feel for turning.
s_focker and shadowchemos like this.
simes007us is offline  
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
shadowchemos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykkerr View Post
Bang for the buck, I think the S21 + rebate wins. But it depends on the riding you do, or more specifically, are you actually going to push the tire anywhere close to it's limit on traction.

If you're a newer track rider or just a canyon carver, you can ride with S21/Q3+ just fine and will get longer life out of them.

Power RS should be higher traction than Q3+, but with worse wear.

In my opinion:
Tier 1: Racing slicks
Tier 2: Single compound/track day slicks
Tier 3: Power RS>RS10 (but close)
Tier 4: S21>Q3+ (but close)

I've ridden both S21 and Power RS, both are fine tires. Power RS rear lasted about 500-600 track miles on a 600 with relatively gentle throttle coming out of turns, so pretty good. I like the front better than the rear. The rear didn't seem too difficult to break loose in the last 200 miles/multiple heat cycles. I've also seen people using Q3/Q3+, and have ridden Q3's, but never pushed them.

If you're not pushing the tires, just buy whatever is cheapest. It's not going to matter, so save the $$$. All of them are fantastic tires.
Thanks, I don't plan on tracking them and on the street I'm not dragging knee so I think I'll go with the Dunlops with the rebate.

Appreciate you take the time to respond with details.
shadowchemos is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome