Brake calipers - HP4 vs S1000RR - Page 6 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
While we're talking brakes, why hasn't anyone made the carbon-ceramic rotor setup like we see on Ferrari's etc. for bikes yet? I know they'd be $$, but there ARE people who would spend that and think nothing of it, and it'd just be plain coolness. (pun intended)
Well, not like I have not thought about, and most of my riding friends know I am always looking for an upgrade to try. I was sent a link back last year on front rotors.

Podium Parts - Sicom Carbon Brake Rotors for the BMW S1000RR

They are for RotoBox wheels, and they are ceramic carbon rotors. If you have a link to rotors for the HP4 wheels, I would look at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
Well, not like I have not thought about, and most of my riding friends know I am always looking for an upgrade to try. I was sent a link back last year on front rotors.

They are for RotoBox wheels, and they are ceramic carbon rotors. If you have a link to rotors for the HP4 wheels, I would look at it.
Wow, those would be awesome! I see it doesn't look like they need to float much, there must be almost zero thermal expansion! Light too!

Man, If I had the money for a set of those and the rotobox wheels......

Glad to see SOMEONE'S pursuing making this tech available for bikes! They've gotten them so good for cars now that the early issues with low/no performance in cold temps is pretty much a thing of the past. I HOPE that's the case with these for bike!

Thanks for posting that bro!

Making America Great Again, one melted snowflake at a time......

"Madness": 2015 Motorrad S1000RR with the DDC and "Forgies".
'01 Suzuki Gixxer 1k Blu/Wht (Sold - 79k miles).
'91 Kawasaki KX500 (Still got it).
'86 Suzuki Gixxer 1100 Blu/Wht (Sold - 68k miles).
'83 Suzuki GS1100ES Red/Blk (Sold - 60k miles).
'82 Yamaha 650 Maxim (Sold - 50k miles).

"Hangin's too good for 'im.....BURNIN'S too good for 'im.......he should be torn into little-bitsy pieces and BURIED ALIVE!"
post #53 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 07:36 PM

Bmw 388... do you still have that blk storm fearing for sale?

post #54 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
It is from a trials bike from the research I have done.

these part numbers

Brake Pads K5-143, FA291, SBS815, FDB2103, DP640

The part number they will give you is not 100% correct I guess so you will buy replacement pads from them. However, I finally figured out what it really was and crossed it to several of these bikes listed in this ebay listing

Goldfren Brake Pads K5 143 FA291 SBS815 FDB2103 DP640 | eBay
Perfect. Thanks for that.

Hate to be a pest but is that the stock brake line rerouted I see in your pix? Do I need a custom brake line to make the underslung bracket work? Just holding it in position it looks like the line needs to be much longer.
post #55 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo439 View Post
Perfect. Thanks for that.

Hate to be a pest but is that the stock brake line rerouted I see in your pix? Do I need a custom brake line to make the underslung bracket work? Just holding it in position it looks like the line needs to be much longer.
The stock line is barely long enough. Based on the way I see people post on here about brake lines, 90% of people on here would tell you to get a longer line. Me, I just clip all the zip ties off and pull really hard to get it in position. Once it is in position on the swingarm, you dont have to remove any more to change wheels. The line is long enough once in position to zip tie back out of the way, but some would say the exhaust is way to close for them. I have 1000 miles on my line being routed under the swingarm and up past the exhaust link connection point, and there is no major heating of the line. But again. It is a barely clearance and barely long enough situation.
wfo439 likes this.
post #56 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
The stock line is barely long enough. Based on the way I see people post on here about brake lines, 90% of people on here would tell you to get a longer line. Me, I just clip all the zip ties off and pull really hard to get it in position. Once it is in position on the swingarm, you dont have to remove any more to change wheels. The line is long enough once in position to zip tie back out of the way, but some would say the exhaust is way to close for them. I have 1000 miles on my line being routed under the swingarm and up past the exhaust link connection point, and there is no major heating of the line. But again. It is a barely clearance and barely long enough situation.
Thank you kind sir.
post #57 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:

https://www.bellissimoto.com/parts/b...-Rotor-BMW-HP4

https://www.bellissimoto.com/parts/b...S1000-with-abs

Edit: Confirmed their web page should read: BMW forged wheels. Not: BMW mag rims. Because of my e-mail, page now reads: BMW forged rims
BMW_388 likes this.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain

Last edited by wfo439; 02-27-2019 at 12:10 PM.
post #58 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 12:31 PM

The stock Brembo HP rotors are Shiiite. Ive gone through numerous pairs trying to find one that doenst warp.
Ive since moved on to Brembo SS rotors on both of my bikes.
wfo439 likes this.

Current
2018 Ninja 400R
2014 S1000RR Racing Red
2017 ZX10RR
2003 ZX7R
2016 S1000R
post #59 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWITCH View Post
The stock Brembo HP rotors are Shiiite. Ive gone through numerous pairs trying to find one that doenst warp.
Ive since moved on to Brembo SS rotors on both of my bikes.
Racing discs are usually 6mm for a reason.

M4, M50 calipers have a 30mm offset as do the higher end GP4 RX. The racing calipers, the GP4RR- XA9.35.10 and XA9.35.11 (are those just right and left side calipers or different models?) have a 22.5mm offset. Does this mean 7.5mm spacers need to be installed between the wheels and discs to move the discs to the center of the calipers or are the GP4RRs magically bolt on replacements despite the difference in offsets?

Links:

M4 Black Monoblock | Calipers | Racing | Motorcycle Brakes Configurator

M50 Monoblock | Calipers | Racing | Motorcycle Brakes Configurator

CNC GP4-RX Radial | Calipers | Racing | Motorcycle Brakes Configurator

CNC GP4-RR Narrow Band | Calipers | Racing | Motorcycle Brakes Configurator

CNC GP4-RR Narrow Band | Calipers | Racing | Motorcycle Brakes Configurator

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain
post #60 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 09:32 AM

I am going to have to dig up my old emails and see if I can find my receipts from 2015 when I purchased my Brembo calipers. I dont remember that offset being so different on the RR calipers. Most calipers are setup on 30mm offsets for the brake discs.

@the_gooch is the new dealer in town, so maybe he can research that and chime in on it.
wfo439 likes this.

CLONE ECU's are going to rule the world - ECU A against ECU B
All Keys Lost programming available FREE for some Forum members
Cut keys and programming available FREE for some Forum members
ECU to Cluster Matching with 200MPH available FREE for some Forum members
Add / delete DDC available FREE for some Forum members
All done here in the USA now and you dont have to ship to Poland
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode