RS2e experience - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

RS2e experience

I searched but was surprised not to find a whole lot out there. I have a 2010 that will be a track only bike in a year or so and have been looking at getting RS2e's tune. What has been the experience with it on the street? Is it just whip the ECU out ship it to them and slap it back in when you get back? Is there anything about it you wish you would have known before you got it done, good or bad?

It sounds like its right up my alley!!! Just looking for anymore info. I have an email conversation started with them but the brokenish english is a little bit of a barrier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 08:36 AM

I recall the guys talking about the RS2e's audible traction control, etc. A lot of people go the Brent tuning route or the Race calibration kit. To answer your question on the ECU flash how its done, yes, take out ECU, Ship it off and plug back in.

Maybe have a read here??

https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/b...-thread-7.html

2013 S1000rr track bike

Last edited by Slaki; 06-19-2019 at 09:32 AM.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider78rr View Post
I searched but was surprised not to find a whole lot out there. I have a 2010 that will be a track only bike in a year or so and have been looking at getting RS2e's tune. What has been the experience with it on the street? Is it just whip the ECU out ship it to them and slap it back in when you get back? Is there anything about it you wish you would have known before you got it done, good or bad?

It sounds like its right up my alley!!! Just looking for anymore info. I have an email conversation started with them but the brokenish english is a little bit of a barrier.
I sent them my ECU yesterday. Expecting to get it back by end of this week. Have Donny booked next week Thursday and will be able to share experience.

Few people on s1000rr UK forum have it and really like it.

Bren running/RCK is a bit orthogonal to what RS2E do.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 08:50 AM
Lifetime Member

While we did talk about RCK / HP power products for your S1KRR.. We did not talk about RS2E. One reason is that the 10/11 was not offered last year so I was not aware that they had incorporated the ignition cut on the DTC for the 10/11. I would find someone if you can that has it for the 10/11 because the first version 17/18 was not a success in implementation. I caught the issue and advised the customer they need to contact RS2E about the issue and sure enough they admitted to some bad coding on the 17/18 first release. They did correct the issue for free for the customer.

The 10/11 388 ECU is not as robust and coded near as well as the 12-14, and then the 15-19 K46 is a whole new architecture of goodness.

Riding and loving my 2020 K67 with the custom XWORKS ECU
Check out MotoMillion ( forum Vendor section ) for all your needs in ECU work
Check out MotoMillion also has programming for RCK3 / HP power Kit enables now
Programmer for MotoMillion is myself ( BMW_388 )
I personally own the 2014, 2015, 2018, 2020 S1000RR
This makes for checking my ECU work is perfect every time sold by MotoMillion
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbadboy View Post
I sent them my ECU yesterday. Expecting to get it back by end of this week. Have Donny booked next week Thursday and will be able to share experience.

Few people on s1000rr UK forum have it and really like it.

Bren running/RCK is a bit orthogonal to what RS2E do.
Also the Alpha Racing -flash is the same as RS2-flash.
Alpha racing is just selling it with their label.
AndyHP4 likes this.

2011 s1000rr track bike inc. rck2 k-techDDS DunlopKR
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
While we did talk about RCK / HP power products for your S1KRR.. We did not talk about RS2E. One reason is that the 10/11 was not offered last year so I was not aware that they had incorporated the ignition cut on the DTC for the 10/11. I would find someone if you can that has it for the 10/11 because the first version 17/18 was not a success in implementation. I caught the issue and advised the customer they need to contact RS2E about the issue and sure enough they admitted to some bad coding on the 17/18 first release. They did correct the issue for free for the customer.

The 10/11 388 ECU is not as robust and coded near as well as the 12-14, and then the 15-19 K46 is a whole new architecture of goodness.
I did sent an email over the pond to Robert and they seemed to think there would be no issues getting me going. Your price on RCK is fantastic! I just don't want something that I have to tune. I want something out of the box ready to go at this time. The RS2 guys said that with RCK I could add gear depended engine braking. That's cool but I don't feel the need for it at the moment nor do I want to have to fine tune it.

I'm realizing that I should have bought a newer bike for all this kind of stuff but oh well I'll do the best I can with what I have for the time being. I will also say I'm a nerd and the fact that RS2 did the WSBK bikes and the audible traction control has my shorts in a bunch <3

Thanks everyone for your input, keep it coming!!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider78rr View Post
I did sent an email over the pond to Robert and they seemed to think there would be no issues getting me going. Your price on RCK is fantastic! I just don't want something that I have to tune. I want something out of the box ready to go at this time. The RS2 guys said that with RCK I could add gear depended engine braking. That's cool but I don't feel the need for it at the moment nor do I want to have to fine tune it.
RCK1 does not have that feature.
RS2E will flash a RCK2 to you ecu.
For a fast track rider engine brake settings are very useful feature.

You do not have to tune RCK ecu, you can use it "out of the box".

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfinn View Post
RCK1 does not have that feature.
RS2E will flash a RCK2 to you ecu.
For a fast track rider engine brake settings are very useful feature.

You do not have to tune RCK ecu, you can use it "out of the box".
I was thinking also the RS2E solution. Speedfinn have you upgraded to the RS2E traction control?
Strider78rr likes this.

You will never be arrested #58
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrIoannis View Post
I was thinking also the RS2E solution. Speedfinn have you upgraded to the RS2E traction control?
I ordered a RS2E RCK2-flash to my 2011 ecu in april 2017.
I do not have the "audible" version of the DTC.
I'm not sure what kind of modifications the ecu flash has in total, but I would guess that it is not a totally standard RCK2. As far as I know also the traditional non audible RS2E RCK2 has some additional tweaks in the ecu sw.
I have made my own custom DTC maps, and I'm happy, and my Dunlop MS2, 3, 4 and 5 tyres are happy: https://imgur.com/a/HhKaO
PaniDropper likes this.

Last edited by speedfinn; 06-20-2019 at 02:58 PM.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfinn View Post
I ordered a RS2E RCK2-flash to my 2011 ecu in april 2017.
I do not have the "audible" version of the DTC.
I'm not sure what kind of modifications the ecu flash has in total, but I would guess that it is not a totally standard RCK2. As far as I know also the traditional non audible RS2E RCK2 has some additional tweaks in the ecu sw.
I have made my own custom DTC maps, and I'm happy, and my Dunlop MS2, 3, 4 and 5 tyres are happy: https://imgur.com/a/HhKaO

So are you saying that RS2 has there own settings for RCK2 that they program in when they flash RCK2 on your ECU? DO you get the gear dependent engine braking with RCK2 from them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode