BMW S1000RR Forums:  BMW Sportbike Forum

BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum (https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/)
-   S1000RR/HP4 Tech and Performance Chat (https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/s1000rr-hp4-tech-performance-chat/)
-   -   Brembo CNC 19x18 (XR01171) master front brake cylinder (https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/s1000rr-hp4-tech-performance-chat/237922-brembo-cnc-19x18-xr01171-master-front-brake-cylinder.html)

DrIoannis 02-08-2019 06:32 PM

Brembo CNC 19x18 (XR01171) master front brake cylinder
 
Does anyone use this Brembo brake cylinder? Any opinions?I have the RCS and I am looking for even better feeling. I have talked with Brembo technicians and have been told it is an upgrade from my current setup (M4 calipers).

sro 02-10-2019 09:42 AM

@the_gooch runs some form of Brembo CNC MC. I would PM him. He doesn't log on as much as he once did.

the_gooch 02-13-2019 09:46 PM

The RCS is garbage compared to the Brembo XR01171. The newest RCS Corsa Corta is much better than the old but neither are true racing parts like the XR01171. I am a Brembo dealer now in case you have issues sourcing anything.

Now if you wanna be a baller: XA7G7G0 I HIGHLY recommend CASTROL SRF fluid...

https://www.oppracing.com/image.php?...008_a31d30.jpg

DrIoannis 02-14-2019 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_gooch (Post 2318616)
The RCS is garbage compared to the Brembo XR01171. The newest RCS Corsa Corta is much better than the old but neither are true racing parts like the XR01171. I am a Brembo dealer now in case you have issues sourcing anything.

Now if you wanna be a baller: XA7G7G0 I HIGHLY recommend CASTROL SRF fluid...

https://www.oppracing.com/image.php?...008_a31d30.jpg

Well MotoGP staff is really nice but also very expensive. I always use Castrol SRF because I also think is THE best brake fluid that we can buy.
Beside been a dealer do you have personal experience with the XR01171?

the_gooch 02-14-2019 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrIoannis (Post 2318654)
Well MotoGP staff is really nice but also very expensive. I always use Castrol SRF because I also think is THE best brake fluid that we can buy.
Beside been a dealer do you have personal experience with the XR01171?

Yes. I had one on my bike then foolishly sold it. Will be getting either another XR0 or XA7 here shortly.

I am not 100% sure on the new RCS but the old one is not even serviceable. Throw away piece. The build quality and feel through the lever on the XR0 puts the RCS to shame.

The RCS is really a street master. The changing ratio is a gimmick in my eyes. I changed it once to see what I preferred and it has stayed at 19x18 ever since.

skydivr 02-14-2019 11:56 AM

So I gotta ask, what does one of those fancy things cost?

z00 02-14-2019 12:20 PM

I had/have the billet/XA one on both RR/R1 and it's the way to go. RCS is garbage (feel, serviceability, quality, etc...) compared to XA.

$700-750 new depending where you get XA. Can be had used or ordered from EU for $600-700.

Phanuel 02-14-2019 02:23 PM

There's always the cheaper fixed ratio version, but I don't know if it's internally just as shite as the RCS or not. It feels good though.

Radial 19x18 FL | Master-cylinders | Racing | Motorcycle Brakes Configurator

It also definitely comes with a folding lever version:
https://store.hardracing.com/cart.ph...oduct_id=18345

z00 02-14-2019 02:54 PM

^ That's forged MC. It's a step up from RCS, good option for a mostly street bike with some track days. Costs about the same as RCS.

the_gooch 02-14-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skydivr (Post 2318692)
So I gotta ask, what does one of those fancy things cost?

About that much....



https://i.postimg.cc/CxHYKHy1/Capture.png


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© S1000RRforum.com

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome