2016 S1000rr with DDC Suspension, Geometry and Ergonomics help
I'm an owner of a 2016 S1000rr with DDC (purchased 2 years ago used) and need help with Suspension, Geometry and Ergonomics for track use.
I weigh 71kg, ~82km with gear
The tack is small (around 2km length) with lots of turns (in fact 600ccs tend to do better than 1000cc in this track).
I've sent fork preload at 5 rings out which gives me negative spring displacement of 10mm (manual suggests 10-15)
Front Damping set to -3
Shock preload set so that negative spring displacement is 10mm (Manual suggest 8-12mm)
Rear rebound damping: -3
Rear Compression damping: -3
The manual here just says less preload -> less damping, and more preload -> more damping but it does not give a frame of reference so I am not sure what less or more means.
1) Do you believe the above sound correct? Please advise if anyone else has similar weight and recommended setup
2) Please advise what is the default height (measured in visible gold rings) of the forks in the Yoke. I see exactly 1 gold line on my front forks.
3) How can I check if the handlebars were either raised/lowered or angled? I feel like they are too wide instead of angled back like most sport bikes. (visibly I can't see a difference though).
4) Please advise how I can check if the rear wheel was raised or lowered? I'm trying to see if the geometry was altered somehow from stock.
5) Please advise anything else I should check to reset the geometry back to stock settings (so I can work from there).