Left hand combination switch pin outs... - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By AussieAlien
  • 2 Post By Benny

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Left hand combination switch pin outs...

can anyone help me out in need of wiring diagram for left-hand combination switch-
managed to strip switch down and work out what connection are on the switch itself but need to where they go from there ie dash/ECU module.
got aftermarket race switches and can't seem to get any functions working ( set,trip or abs button) doesn't make sense so need the comfirm harness is good as its had some harness repairs at the cluster plugs

the bike is imported from states to uk with UK ecu if that makes any difference?.
gen2 2012 s1000rr

2015 S1000RR Road
2012 S1000RR Track with RCK2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 10:45 PM

I threw this together fairly quickly, so I hope everything that you need is covered in it:

BMW_S1000RR_2012-KOMBI_Wiring_Diagram-190902.pdf

DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility for accuracy of information contained in the .PDF from the link above

2018 BMW S1000RR - Black Storm Metalic

Just remember...

It doesn't matter if it's torqued to spec or cross threaded. Tight is tight!!

Last edited by AussieAlien; 09-01-2019 at 11:41 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Fantastic!! apart from abs switch missing that’s what I needed will check it out later
Also got no fuel gauge so reckon could be feed from pin7 (x9001) guessing standard 5volt feed I’ll be looking for ??

2015 S1000RR Road

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 04:56 AM

Like I said, I threw it together based on the information that was provided at the time.

PM me your VIN and I'll see what else I can dig up.

I'm surprised @sro hasn't chimed in yet

Just remember...

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
That’s a massive help so far, bought a non runner gen2 was imported from states I’ve fitted rck enabled uk ecu and at some point from an accident had cluster plugs and wiring changed and don’t match up colours needed some guide that’s a start cheers
Bike runs fine now just problems I’ve mentioned above

2015 S1000RR Road

Last edited by Benny; 09-02-2019 at 11:05 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 07:42 AM

The fuel sensor should get it's power from effectively pin 7 of X9001 and the return side of the fuel sensor is on pin 8 of X9001. Measure the voltage at pin 8 of X9001 and see if changes with fuel level in the tank. Open circuit (fuel sensor unplugged) probably gives you an empty indication?

As for the ABS/DTC button on the left multi-function switch. This comes in on effectively pin 7 (same as the TRIP button) and goes out on pin 8 of the left grip connector (8-pin) which then comes in on pin 1 of X9001 on the instrument cluster control unit connector.
smash adams likes this.

Just remember...

Last edited by AussieAlien; 09-02-2019 at 08:00 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 10:10 AM
sro

Not many diagrams exist. Only one Iíve screen is if dashboard for older gen.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sro View Post
Not many diagrams exist. Only one Iíve screen is if dashboard for older gen.
Have noticed the beemer diagrams are like rocking horse sh1t .
also noticed they keep the same colour wiring but different pin location which was problem i had, having a closer look had 2010 plugs with small length of 2010 loom onto the 2012 loom colours matched up but different pin locations

2015 S1000RR Road
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAlien View Post
The fuel sensor should get it's power from effectively pin 7 of X9001 and the return side of the fuel sensor is on pin 8 of X9001. Measure the voltage at pin 8 of X9001 and see if changes with fuel level in the tank. Open circuit (fuel sensor unplugged) probably gives you an empty indication?

As for the ABS/DTC button on the left multi-function switch. This comes in on effectively pin 7 (same as the TRIP button) and goes out on pin 8 of the left grip connector (8-pin) which then comes in on pin 1 of X9001 on the instrument cluster control unit connector.
all now working as it should like id said had some repair in the past using gen1 2010 connectors previous owner just joined the wiring to same color coding (can't blame him something I would have done) but using your diagram ignored the colors just done from pin numbers now all good

new to bmw club can't believe how much BMW make it so hard to find any diagrams and also mix it up between years.

Thanks again AussieAlien
smash adams and AussieAlien like this.

2015 S1000RR Road
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 06:37 PM

The wiring diagrams are stored in ISTA. Which most people don't have access too. The general repair program called AIR which used to be RSD have never had them. They are too complex to really print out on paper. You would have multiple bits of paper to cover every control unit and the canbus system using wires for multiple jobs. I have access to all of it and even have a break down of pin outs for all control units for every model. I just lack the time and energy some times to chase up wiring diagram info among the many other things I am doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode