2012 S1000RR wonít start - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

2012 S1000RR wonít start

I bought this 2012 about 2 months ago. Did a track day the week after I got it and she performed flawlessly. That was at the end of July. Since Iíve had her in my living room on the stands. I took her out for a photo shoot yesterday since I got it painted and it fired up then underload going up a hill I got to about 3-4K rpm and she shut off. Tried multiple times until the engine light came on. So I came home and hooked the gs911 up and this is what I have. Still wonít start and throwing 6 codes. Iíve talked to a few different people and they say battery. Below are pictures of the codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

Well I got it figured out. The quickshifter sensor wire had a mount tab that mounts in the frame it had came out and when I put the chain on it was under the chain. Fortunately it didnít rip it in 2 but you could see where it wore it a bit. 🤦🏼*♂️🤦🏼*♂️🤦🏼*♂️ hopefully this doesnít cause any issues racing at Road Atlanta this coming weekend...it is ziptied up and out of the way very cleanly now.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1KRR34 View Post
Well I got it figured out. The quickshifter sensor wire had a mount tab that mounts in the frame it had came out and when I put the chain on it was under the chain. Fortunately it didn’t rip it in 2 but you could see where it wore it a bit. ����*♂️����*♂️����*♂️ hopefully this doesn’t cause any issues racing at Road Atlanta this coming weekend...it is ziptied up and out of the way very cleanly now.

so the battery was good then?

I am asking because my bike would start OK in the morning, but after it woarms up, it wouldn't start again (after buying some petrol for example). I would try to start it and the engine error would appear too. It would only start if I roll it down the hill and let the clutch out (sorry, don't know the correct name for this).

I changed the battery (mine was 9years old,original BMW!!!!) and so far so good (2 days now)

Last edited by stratus; 09-04-2018 at 10:51 AM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 01:35 PM

The quickshifter wires caused exhaust valve codes? That seems really strange.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
The quickshifter wires caused exhaust valve codes? That seems really strange.
Probably full exhaust
Hopefully the throttle ones were affected by the gear codes.
great looking bike!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratus View Post
so the battery was good then?

I am asking because my bike would start OK in the morning, but after it woarms up, it wouldn't start again (after buying some petrol for example). I would try to start it and the engine error would appear too. It would only start if I roll it down the hill and let the clutch out (sorry, don't know the correct name for this).

I changed the battery (mine was 9years old,original BMW!!!!) and so far so good (2 days now)

As far as I know the battery is good. I charged it last night. Now bike runs but feels like itís not running on all cylinders 🤦🏼*♂️

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode