BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Bestem Race Carbon Bellypan

6K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  DPF88101 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Was wondering if anyone has installed a bestem carbon one piece race bellypan on their 2014. I just found a crazy deal for it on amazon and quickly pulled the trigger because I've been wanting one for a long time.

Anyone have any tips and tricks for drilling mounting holes? I assumed make them the same size as the stock fairings and start with a small bit then go up in size. Other than that I have no idea what to expect.

If anyone can provide some information I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

#3 ·
Have you got one or seen one in person? I've looked at pictures online and the only mounting holes I seen on the outside of the pan are by the side fairings (2 bolts) and then on either side of the radiator support which i think is two more bolts? I wonder if there are some built in brackets that mount to the rear of the bike because I can't imagine its only held on in the front with 4 or so bolts. It will be here Friday so I guess I'll know for sure.

I also sent a message to bestem to see if they have any info for me.

Best case scenario, I can make a cool DIY. Worst case I gotta return it lol.

#8 ·
I currently have some Bestem Carbon fiber parts. Have had them on at least 6 months with no issues & looks great. The only thing is I had to enlarge a like 2 or 3 of the holes where they mounted to fit the shoulder part of the mounting screws. Real easy, used a drill to re-size. Other then that all good.

Bestem Front Fender
Bestem Side Fairings Panels
Bestem Real Hugger with Chain Guard

You be the judge. :wink2:

#10 ·
Yeah man, I'm glad I did, such a random lucky thing that I found the last one on amazon for $190 but even if I got it for full price on their website I would not be disappointed. The chinese mofos are catching up to the "elitist" companies. I want my bike to look nice but I'm not going to spend $10,000 on carbon because its not a show bike haha. Thank for your pic.

#13 ·
in those pics I saw your seat looks to not be OEM and it looks nice, is that a Sargent seat?

Reactions: shadowchemos
#12 ·
Looks Good! I just bought one myself. Any installation tips besides the obvious..(measure 3 times drill once). lol
I'm concerned about the back. Its really only going to be held on by 2 bolts on each side. (Not counting the upper fairing bolts.)

It also looks like you didn't make a third hole at the bottom of the V on the upper fairing.

#14 ·
literally installed a bestem full pan last weekend on my '12. I'll give you exactly how I did it, and how I'd do it a second time. This is how I did it. U might have a better way, might have a worse.

Remove eo fairing. This means oe belly, and for me, the red gill panel with the bmw and RR badge and one on clutch side. Seperate gill panel from oe belly.

With carbon pan and gill panel off the bike, line up the fitment between the two, and drill from the inside out, a small hole through the gill panel nut and into the carbon. Repeat for clutch side. Now the 4 holes on the carbon are exactly where they need to be.

Mount the oe gill fairing and matching fairing on clutch side. Mount carbon on bike to the 4 holes you drilled.

For the final 2 holes (6 total), 1 by each rearset, I pulled the carbon out a little when mounted, guesstimated where I needed to drill (these holes are a cake walk), and put a .5 or 1 In rubber spacer between the carbon and bike then put the long bolt back in.
6 bolts total holding mine on.
I trimmed the carbon near the chain with a dremel it was too close. It cuts clean, as if it were plastic. I didn't reseal the cut edge w epoxy bc the cut edge turned out better than expected.
Any more questions ask away

Attachments

#16 ·
Dude, thanks for the write up. I'm a dumbass and didn't look back at my own post haha. I got it installed with the help of a friend. It was like 99% perfect fitment, drilled 2 holes per side near the oem fairings and then 1 per side on the bottom. It worked out great, no issues with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.