Bestem Race Carbon Bellypan - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenbravo View Post
Ive gotten Ilmberger, Fullsix and Bestem. Honestly, I cant tell the difference between them.
Thats exactly what I thought, I've seen some people in my area with ilmb, fsix but never bestem, no one could tell the difference so I'm happy that I saved money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:37 PM

Looks Good! I just bought one myself. Any installation tips besides the obvious..(measure 3 times drill once). lol
I'm concerned about the back. Its really only going to be held on by 2 bolts on each side. (Not counting the upper fairing bolts.)

It also looks like you didn't make a third hole at the bottom of the V on the upper fairing.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 08:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowchemos View Post
I guess you don't get what you pay for because at $190 this is by far the cheapest carbon belly pan I've seen, even cheaper than people sell used ones for and it fits, and looks amazing!!

Install took a few hours because I was being careful but will definitely buy more bestem carbon in the future.

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3
in those pics I saw your seat looks to not be OEM and it looks nice, is that a Sargent seat?
shadowchemos likes this.

Get busy living or get busy dying, remember life has an expiration date.
Winter house is an igloo, summer house is a tree fort.

2005 GSX-R 600 (write off) retired cop turned in front of me
2006 GSX-R 600 (stolen)
2004 GSX-R 750 (sold)
2018 BMW S1000RR - current

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:04 AM

literally installed a bestem full pan last weekend on my '12. I'll give you exactly how I did it, and how I'd do it a second time. This is how I did it. U might have a better way, might have a worse.

Remove eo fairing. This means oe belly, and for me, the red gill panel with the bmw and RR badge and one on clutch side. Seperate gill panel from oe belly.

With carbon pan and gill panel off the bike, line up the fitment between the two, and drill from the inside out, a small hole through the gill panel nut and into the carbon. Repeat for clutch side. Now the 4 holes on the carbon are exactly where they need to be.

Mount the oe gill fairing and matching fairing on clutch side. Mount carbon on bike to the 4 holes you drilled.

For the final 2 holes (6 total), 1 by each rearset, I pulled the carbon out a little when mounted, guesstimated where I needed to drill (these holes are a cake walk), and put a .5 or 1 In rubber spacer between the carbon and bike then put the long bolt back in.
6 bolts total holding mine on.
I trimmed the carbon near the chain with a dremel it was too close. It cuts clean, as if it were plastic. I didn't reseal the cut edge w epoxy bc the cut edge turned out better than expected.
Any more questions ask away
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7168_1559213117343.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	200568  
Loomis and shadowchemos like this.

'07 G650 Xchallenge
'12 RR
'15 FZ-09
'13 RR
'99 Ducati 900SS
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageS1000RR View Post
in those pics I saw your seat looks to not be OEM and it looks nice, is that a Sargent seat?
Sorry I haven't checked on here in a bit.

Its a luimoto seat cover, put it right over the oem seat. It looks cool and I love the grippy part in the middle, didn't like the oem seat, too slick.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 04:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRideRR View Post
literally installed a bestem full pan last weekend on my '12. I'll give you exactly how I did it, and how I'd do it a second time. This is how I did it. U might have a better way, might have a worse.

Remove eo fairing. This means oe belly, and for me, the red gill panel with the bmw and RR badge and one on clutch side. Seperate gill panel from oe belly.

With carbon pan and gill panel off the bike, line up the fitment between the two, and drill from the inside out, a small hole through the gill panel nut and into the carbon. Repeat for clutch side. Now the 4 holes on the carbon are exactly where they need to be.

Mount the oe gill fairing and matching fairing on clutch side. Mount carbon on bike to the 4 holes you drilled.

For the final 2 holes (6 total), 1 by each rearset, I pulled the carbon out a little when mounted, guesstimated where I needed to drill (these holes are a cake walk), and put a .5 or 1 In rubber spacer between the carbon and bike then put the long bolt back in.
6 bolts total holding mine on.
I trimmed the carbon near the chain with a dremel it was too close. It cuts clean, as if it were plastic. I didn't reseal the cut edge w epoxy bc the cut edge turned out better than expected.
Any more questions ask away
Dude, thanks for the write up. I'm a dumbass and didn't look back at my own post haha. I got it installed with the help of a friend. It was like 99% perfect fitment, drilled 2 holes per side near the oem fairings and then 1 per side on the bottom. It worked out great, no issues with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode