BMW S1000RR Forum banner

What did you do to your bike today?

509K views 2K replies 430 participants last post by  repsol motogp 
#1 ·
Since we are all doing something and I have boxes stacked up waiting for the bike.

This thread is for anything you did to your bike today :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#2 ·
Trying to install my hids but keeping everything hidden. I think im gonna drill the top my headlight housing so i can feed the wires thru, and they will be behind of the front cowling bracket. I dont like when the wires comes out of the lid that access the bulbs

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

#1,159 ·
I didn't wake up an hour ago, but when I was at the house I stared at mine for a while, too.

Later tonight, if it's not too cold, I'll be detailing it to see if I can get some depth in the paint. If not, I'll save it for a warmer day.

#17 ·
Mounted my attack performance rear sets. I thought everything would be like the S1000RR but on the right side, there is this Big ring protrusion that gets connected to the exhaust I believe on S1000RR but NOT on HP4, there is not place to mount that and apparently the whole rearset is just being held in place by the two main bolts. :rolleyes:

#24 ·
Installed 2 layers of bicycle tubing over the stock grips to make it slightly thicker. The middle part of my palms are large and I feel like the throttle is a pencil when I hold it - too thin.

Didnt want to bother stripping the grips and installing a new grip either - this is easy, just cut the tube to size and roll on to the grips, the thicker u want - layer it more. I put 2 layers and feels about right.

This will also still work if u have heated grips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.