BMW S1000RR Forum banner

COTA 7-15-18

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Gixxerguy855 
#1 ·
This is where I am at after 1 year riding track. Where can I make up the most time?

I know I still have a lot of room for improvement. Top 3 mistakes I see are:
1) Can trail brake harder
2) Can use more of the track on some corners
3) Some corners I turn in too early too, so lines need work

Fastest laps at COTA have been in 2:32's, but averaging 2:36-2:38.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5BLmYDjZoM

#3 ·
Funny, I was just watching your video the other day (I'm the one that left comment about sweet pass at 7:29), love those power wheelies! I was there that day too, but honestly can't offer you any advice as I'm 7 seconds slower. I'm curious, what DTC settings were you running? Were you on slicks?

There is an "Improving Lap Times" thread here you may want to post to, maybe get speedfinn and Dylan to analyze. You are within reach of getting under 2:30, which is a an accomplishment very few track riders can claim..

#4 ·
Just some observations from me here, but slightly off line in some corners (although maneuvering through traffic in some cases). I can't see what gear you're in when exiting the corners, but do see that your RPM's drop significantly, trail braking deeper and eliminating "coasting" will increase your exit speed and cause you to use your brakes more. Your seat of the pants feel may justify that issue, hard to tell from the screen of a computer.

Nice job on the riding, maybe I'll see you at COTA in August!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.