CSS 2018 Schedule and winter overseas - Page 4 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

Chang is the 133rd track we have been to world wide. Very nice circuit.

As for the video, that was that person's 12th lap ever on the track, when they let the coaches go out for a few laps the day prior before doing the school, borrowed bike, unfamiliar tires. And you thought we cherry-picked the best possible lap...we were trying to show people the track itself. I was glad to see that someone got the footage, we were busy setting up.

But I don't have any problem with locals chiming in trying to boost their street credit.
Bangkok_rider likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Code View Post
Chang is the 133rd track we have been to world wide. Very nice circuit.

As for the video, that was that person's 12th lap ever on the track, when they let the coaches go out for a few laps the day prior before doing the school, borrowed bike, unfamiliar tires. And you thought we cherry-picked the best possible lap...we were trying to show people the track itself. I was glad to see that someone got the footage, we were busy setting up.

But I don't have any problem with locals chiming in trying to boost their street credit.

Chang Is a nice track but itís very easy to learn and can get boring compared to some other tracks like Sepang. They also donít have many open trackdays so even being a local rider we donít get much track time other than race weekends.

Have always been interested in doing one of the CSS schools just never had the chance. Thereís always something new to learn and Iím sure they could point out some things that I could try, maybe not making me faster but more comfortable on the bike.

Hopefully they come back to Chang again or maybe even a full track school at Sepang would be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Code View Post
Yeah seems like you wouldn't get much out of doing the school, especially if you're faster than all the instructors, which you may be.

Appears you got your riding well sorted out and are only 8 seconds off the MotoGP riders at your home track on an S1000RR. Good job. If you had a MotoGP bike what times do you reckon you could run at your home track? Your claimed personal best lap times are within 3-4 seconds of what the World Superbike riders are doing at Chang, and the same times as the World Supersport Racers.

2017 WSBK support race 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bangkok_rider likes this.

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 04:03 AM

Location: Home in Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur. Work in KL, Singapore and Jakarta. Travel more than ride...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newf View Post

Hopefully they come back to Chang again or maybe even a full track school at Sepang would be good.
Where do I sign up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newf View Post
Chang Is a nice track but itís very easy to learn and can get boring compared to some other tracks like Sepang. They also donít have many open trackdays so even being a local rider we donít get much track time other than race weekends.
100% agree - and even the track time pre race is now limited. What 4 x 15 minute sessions last race wasn't it? Just not enough time enough imo.

HP4 2014 - road
S1000RR 2015 - race bike
S1000XR 2016 - street tourer
CBR600RR 2004 - track
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Continuing with the overseas schedule, we just finished 2 days in the Philippines at Clark Raceway last weekend.

Next is
Dubai, March 23/23.
Turkey, April 5/6.
Italy (Adria) April 9/10.
Sydney, Australia April 16/17.
Bulgaria April 20-22.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in