Last AFM Race Event of the Year 10/19-20/2019 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 4Likes
  • 3 Post By wfo439
  • 1 Post By SoFlo_SBK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Last AFM Race Event of the Year 10/19-20/2019

For anyone interested: Cory Call entered his first race event of the year on his 2020 S100RR. His mods: Bren Tune flash and Akra full exhaust, a local providers rear sets, CRC race fairings and my take off stock discs. BMW would not warranty the ones torched by CW that were overheated, warped and turned blue.

I followed Cory's times practice times via the "Race Hero" app. Nothing to write home about. His first race was Formula 40 Heavyweight Expert. He won with a fast lap of 1:52.088.

A couple of night's ago, he confessed to being out of shape. He thinks the bike can turn 47's. I for one am hoping he has 3 more wins this weekend.

Edit: I forgot that Cory is experimenting with a beta version of a rear travel suspension sensor. Based on data provided, it tells him what needs to be adjusted. He was using a beta version for the front too in lieu of a 2d sensor. There were clearance problems and I think it had to be removed.
paxman, BMW_388 and SoFlo_SBK like this.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain

Last edited by wfo439; 10-19-2019 at 09:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Cory was 4th in Open GP. Best lap: 151.416 on the lst lap. Something happened on the 5th lap as he dropped about 4 seconds from the previous lap.

~ Mark Twain

Last edited by wfo439; 10-20-2019 at 03:48 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Cory finished 6th in the Formula Pacific race. Best lap 1:49.204 For those unfamiliar with this class it is pretty much anything goes and it is the class you must race in to win the AFM #1 plate. Who finished in front of Cory after his 1 year hiatus from racing?

1. Valentin Debise- Yes the same guy that used to race 600SS for Suzuki in MotoAmerica
2. Jayson Uribe
3.Wyatt Farris
4. Ezra Beaubier- that name should ring some bells
5. Andrew Lee current AFM #1 plate holder. He won 3 championships last year. 1 in AFM. 1 in MotoAmerica and 1 other with a different org.

~ Mark Twain

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 12:12 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo439 View Post
Cory finished 6th in the Formula Pacific race. Best lap 1:49.204 For those unfamiliar with this class it is pretty much anything goes and it is the class you must race in to win the AFM #1 plate. Who finished in front of Cory after his 1 year hiatus from racing?

1. Valentin Debise- Yes the same guy that used to race 600SS for Suzuki in MotoAmerica
2. Jayson Uribe
3.Wyatt Farris
4. Ezra Beaubier- that name should ring some bells
5. Andrew Lee current AFM #1 plate holder. He won 3 championships last year. 1 in AFM. 1 in MotoAmerica and 1 other with a different org.
Those are some heavy hitters! I have given up on being really fast and am ok with so-so fast. My efforts are now going towards those with the gift like my early post showed.
wfo439 likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlo_SBK View Post
Those are some heavy hitters! I have given up on being really fast and am ok with so-so fast. My efforts are now going towards those with the gift like my early post showed.
The AFM has had had heavy hitters as long as I can remember. Randy Mamola and Eddie Lawson were racing TZ-250s in the late '70s as was I. Malcolm Smith, Kevin Schwantz and Doug Polen are just a few more of the notables.

RE: Your 2nd sentence. Understood. Your family is your first priority. Racing does give you better input and mandates that you to "focus." It forces you to improve. Based on recent experience, I'm safer racing than doing track days. I think I'm done with those

~ Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode