Looking for advise , RCK 3 2017 s1000rr - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By bmwbadboy
  • 4 Post By BMW_388

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

Looking for advise , RCK 3 2017 s1000rr

I own a 2017 model with akrapovic racing line full system with BMC street filter . When I cut the throttle , I get a heavy back firing from exhaust (basically unburnt fuel) with loud pop sound(not a fan).

So I decided to fine tune the fuel mixture ratio , and decided to go with RCK 3 . Not interested PCV or rapidevo etc

My query
Will the RCK 3 unlock code works racing line full system or it is restricted to BMW HP akrapovic full system ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundar.chundu View Post
I own a 2017 model with akrapovic racing line full system with BMC street filter . When I cut the throttle , I get a heavy back firing from exhaust (basically unburnt fuel) with loud pop sound(not a fan).

So I decided to fine tune the fuel mixture ratio , and decided to go with RCK 3 . Not interested PCV or rapidevo etc

My query

Will the RCK 3 unlock code works racing line full system or it is restricted to BMW HP akrapovic full system ?
RCK3 doesn't care what system you have.

All you need to do is to unlock ECU (and loosing the warranty) via a dealer or enthusiasts on internet.

You would need to buy a hardware interface and download a free software from BMW.

If you are just for adjusting fuel map, it's 2-3 times cheaper to do this via PCV than RCK3. But obviously RCK3 gives you more options to play with: DTC, ABS, Engine braking and etc.
sundar.chundu likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 04:48 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for your quick response . Interestingly that BMW sells RCK3 and also making warranty void

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundar.chundu View Post
Thank you for your quick response . Interestingly that BMW sells RCK3 and also making warranty void
There is a reason why it's called Race Calibration Kit, it's for track/race usage only. Hence voiding of warranty.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 05:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbadboy View Post

All you need to do is to unlock ECU (and loosing the warranty) via a dealer or enthusiasts on internet.

You would need to buy a hardware interface and download a free software from BMW.

If you are just for adjusting fuel map, it's 2-3 times cheaper to do this via PCV than RCK3. But obviously RCK3 gives you more options to play with: DTC, ABS, Engine braking and etc.
Right now the requirement is fuel mapping adjustment . RCK 3 handy during track days.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbadboy View Post

RCK3 / HP power kit encoding are no longer available from a North American BMW dealer. The coding must be correctly installed or the codes are merely inserted to the ECU does not activate the maps and tables in the 4MEG side. There are people that attempt to copy my work with chinese clone BDM devices, but this does not create the correct coding process of the RCK3 / HP Power codes.

BMW sold the RCK3 and HP power kit codes separately up until Feb 2017. It was found even by BMWAG that installing either RCK3 or HP power kit coding by themselves was creating some bad coding effects within the BMSMP ECU. A PUMA was issued to all dealers that these codes were no longer to be sold separately.

Then in mid 2018 it is reported to me that the US government asked BMWAG to reduce it carbon footprint in North America in its overall fleet known as CAFE . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpor...e_fuel_economy

As of July 2018 HP power kit and RCK3 are no longer available at the BMW dealers. I am not sure how it impacts other parts of the world on this decision to stop RCK3 and HP power kit enables.

I do the enables the correct install process as it would be done by the BMW dealers. This provides 100% assurance you are getting the full use of the ECU coding as it was designed for racing applications.

I stock the VCI MDI interface cable box as well.

I have 5 BMSX, BMSMP setups which includes the ECU, EWS4 / Ignition switch, 2 keys , Cluster ready to install race / street ready with the RCK3/HP power kited encoding.

PM if you are interested.
Elk, smash adams, wfo439 and 1 others like this.

CLONE ECU's are going to rule the world - ECU A against ECU B
All Keys Lost programming available FREE for some Forum members
Cut keys and programming available FREE for some Forum members
ECU to Cluster Matching with 200MPH available FREE for some Forum members
Add / delete DDC available FREE for some Forum members
All done here in the USA now and you dont have to ship to Poland

Last edited by BMW_388; 07-04-2019 at 09:46 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 09:14 AM

At least 2 UK BMW dealers are able to unlock 2016 gen3 for 450gbp.

RS2E can do it even cheaper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode