From Mississippi - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
From Mississippi

Hey lads and gents. Iím from central Mississippi. Iíve lurked these forums for the last couple of years that Iíve owned a s1k, just never really participated. I mostly just use a couple of fb groups and talk amongst those members.

Iíve got a dilemma I canít solve, though, so Iím turning to the forums as a last resort before heading to the dealership (nearly 3 hrs drive away).

Anyway, thatís my intro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Evidently, after just looking, Iíve introduced myself before. But itís been so long, I had to reset my password lol. So thereís that.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:36 PM

Garage
Justin

Welcome back.

So tell us year, model ,mod's and describe your problem.

2016 BMW S 1000 RR Premium Black Storm Metallic
2012 Racing Red/Alpine White
2007 SV1000
1978 GS 750

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank ya sir.

And well, itís a 2016 RR, Premium. Mods are basic (sprockets, air filter, windscreen) with the most extensive change being a full Arrow exhaust, omitting the exhaust servos but retaining o2 sensors of course.

Iíve scoured the forums, multiple Facebook groups, googled and tried and tried, but found no solutions to my EXACT issue. Plenty of people have had issues selecting a mode, and Iíve read up on Bennyís remarks about the TPS, etc.; but hereís my issue - mine doesnít even bring up the options to change modes, as if Iím not even pressing the button.

Itís not that it wonít select and stay in another mode, it just doesnít even respond to pushing the button at all. So... I replaced the switch. Same result. I checked the resistor (slick plug), all good there. Weíve tried resetting things (tps) via GS911, no changes. Iíve tried holding battery cables together for do a reset (which I was skeptical of anyway) - same result.

Iíve checked all wire connections, canít find any shorts. Fuses are good, battery terminals are clear and tight. Battery is charged, stays on a trickle charger and is good.

Iíve tried this while off, on, in neutral sitting still, in gear and moving with clutch pulled in, everything. It just doesnít acknowledge the button press. Iím kind of desperate because itís about 3 hrs to the dealership. I have work, some up coming track days, and theyíre saying I need to drop the bike off and itíll be two weeks before they can even touch it minimum...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
A little additional context: it worked fine until... well, it didnít. lol
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Levi Harris View Post
Thank ya sir.

And well, itís a 2016 RR, Premium. Mods are basic (sprockets, air filter, windscreen) with the most extensive change being a full Arrow exhaust, omitting the exhaust servos but retaining o2 sensors of course.

Iíve scoured the forums, multiple Facebook groups, googled and tried and tried, but found no solutions to my EXACT issue. Plenty of people have had issues selecting a mode, and Iíve read up on Bennyís remarks about the TPS, etc.; but hereís my issue - mine doesnít even bring up the options to change modes, as if Iím not even pressing the button.

Itís not that it wonít select and stay in another mode, it just doesnít even respond to pushing the button at all. So... I replaced the switch. Same result. I checked the resistor (slick plug), all good there. Weíve tried resetting things (tps) via GS911, no changes. Iíve tried holding battery cables together for do a reset (which I was skeptical of anyway) - same result.

Iíve checked all wire connections, canít find any shorts. Fuses are good, battery terminals are clear and tight. Battery is charged, stays on a trickle charger and is good.

Iíve tried this while off, on, in neutral sitting still, in gear and moving with clutch pulled in, everything. It just doesnít acknowledge the button press. Iím kind of desperate because itís about 3 hrs to the dealership. I have work, some up coming track days, and theyíre saying I need to drop the bike off and itíll be two weeks before they can even touch it minimum...
PM me the VIN and I will see if Ride Mode Pro is even in the options coding. if it is not, well, it wont work.

CLONE ECU's are going to rule the world - ECU A against ECU B
All Keys Lost programming available FREE for some Forum members
Cut keys and programming available FREE for some Forum members
ECU to Cluster Matching with 200MPH available FREE for some Forum members
Add / delete DDC available FREE for some Forum members
All done here in the USA now and you dont have to ship to Poland
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sending you the VIN.

To clarify, it did once work though. I bought this bike brand new from the dealership, premium with all options. It worked for a little more than a year. Then just quit.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 12:41 AM

Welcome to the forum ... Post No 3 : )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode