BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Intro post

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  k9crew 
#1 ·
Hi! Soon-to-be S1000RR owner (~30 days out). Living in Nashville but originally from Nawlins (hence the username). Glad to find this forum, as I have a M109R and have gotten a lot from those folks, so looking forward to the BMW community as well.

#2 ·
Since I still haven't purchased mine, I am looking for some opinions on color choices. I'm torn between the red/white/blue and the black/silver schemes. Both are available to me locally and both are equally as appealing to me. Hoping to get a majority vote from you all that will determine which colors I go with.

#6 ·
ha! Yeah...huge difference. I did have a CBR600RR for a bit but sold that about 2 years ago. Had a great time with that but it was a little cramped for me (I'm 6'4).

Definitely a different riding style than my 9, but equally as fun...maybe even more so. heh heh! Still looking forward to the S1kRR and that fighter pilot feel!:wink2:

#7 ·
I say welcome, and get a Red / White...

Really color is just not that important to me. Its all about the options.

Heated Grips
Cruise Control
DDC
Forged Wheels
Race Package

Add on options:
HP Power Kit and RCK3 ( no longer offered by BMW North America. PM me )
HP DataLogger
2D Front suspension sensor
HP folding levers

Reactions: nawlins.s1000rr
#8 ·
Welcome to the forum mate.

Ahhh that memory of getting a S1000RR is unforgettable. In ~30 days, you'll find it impossible to wipe that stupid grin off of your face.

Congratulations on your purchase.

Reactions: nawlins.s1000rr
#14 ·
Can I just throw-in a word of caution.

Once I got on the SKRR, I knew I'd feel a whole lot better if my riding gear was up to scratch.

For me that meant:
1) New helmet
2) New gloves
3) New pants . . . . got jeans with Pekev lining.
4) New jacket/s with D30 in the arms and on the back​

Well at least I already had decent boots :eek:

#15 ·
In need of a new helmet anyway, but yeah, I want to get more/better gear than I have for my cruiser, especially since "lean angle" isn't something discussed much on those forums! :grin2:

In addition to what you mentioned, I am also looking to get a set of race leathers for when I get ready to take it to the track (though that's probably a little ways out until I am VERY comfortable with the bike).

Thanks for the suggestion!

#16 ·
nawlins.s1000rr

Do yourself a favor and make sure to clean off the factory chain grease before you go out for a serious ride. Or if possible have the dealership do it . :grin2: Take my work for it that stuff will get all over your sweet new machine and rear tire if you dont. :nerd:

#17 ·
nawlins.s1000rr

Do yourself a favor and make sure to clean off the factory chain grease before you go out for a serious ride. Or if possible have the dealership do it . :grin2: Take my work for it that stuff will get all over your sweet new machine and rear tire if you dont. :nerd:
I appreciate the tip...will definitely do that. Thoughts on Chain Wax? Or another option?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.