New to BMW. Not new to motorcycles or forums - Page 3 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykkerr View Post
Are you in Austin?

If so, you're quite fortunate since AF1 is a good dealership that sells and services Aprilia.
No. Not even close. Actually So Cal. Forgot to add that in the INTRO. That NAVY life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMillion View Post
There isn't anything "big" until you hit high mileage. So for regular oil changes, make sure you keep your receipts of parts you got for it, that is pretty much standard with all vehicles.
Define “high mileage”. Are we talking 20k? Or more? I know most I4 don’t require valve checks till around then. Or is that not the same for beemers?
What are some common mods that are done and the purpose. Have seen mention of them on others threads. But I didn’t know what they meant. Also does changing the suspension mess up the DDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit27 View Post
Welcome! I went to Germany from Italy, and have been happy with the decision for the most part. Riding position is comfortable, I'm about your size. The only thing you should know is they veer slightly right. Some people can ignore that. I'm not one of those people, and it drives me nuts. Also, today i had a minor right turn crash. It was raining, i was in rain mode, and I'm a pretty well trained rider, can't figure it out... Fact remains i love the bike. Ride safely
Why do they veer? And glad to know it can be comfortable. I was looking at the comfort seat for the bike. Do the rearsets feel good? Or do you have aftermarket. I have the vortex on my zx10r and hate the fact they ****ed up the rear brake light sensor and they haven’t made it more comfortable at all. Even if they look sexy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 07:20 AM

Nobody can figure out the veer, search previous topics (I'm convinced it's the rigid brake like giving input, changed the rigid clutch cable). For most, it's only an issue when riding hands free (which in all honesty, i do quite often), but i really feel it when setting up for a right turn, the bike turns in prematurely. I have the saddleman seat, stock was comfortable but felt like it wanted to push me towards the tank, saddleman Gel solved that. Stock rear sets, if anything, I'd like them a bit higher (I'm 6'1, 180, 40-something). They're much more designed for comfort than control at standards height and with another 2 inches less room i could get a lot more leverage. Not to say handling isn't epic, it is. Also, as with any other Superbike, it's hot. Really hot. Feel free to ask anything else, the only thing i genuinely dislike about her is the veer (search the site for more info but no definitive fix).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_meToo18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykkerr View Post
Are you in Austin?

If so, you're quite fortunate since AF1 is a good dealership that sells and services Aprilia.
No. Not even close. Actually So Cal. Forgot to add that in the INTRO. That NAVY life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMillion View Post
There isn't anything "big" until you hit high mileage. So for regular oil changes, make sure you keep your receipts of parts you got for it, that is pretty much standard with all vehicles.
Define “high mileage”. Are we talking 20k? Or more? I know most I4 don’t require valve checks till around then. Or is that not the same for beemers?
What are some common mods that are done and the purpose. Have seen mention of them on others threads. But I didn’t know what they meant. Also does changing the suspension mess up the DDC.

Quote:
Welcome! I went to Germany from Italy, and have been happy with the decision for the most part. Riding position is comfortable, I'm about your size. The only thing you should know is they veer slightly right. Some people can ignore that. I'm not one of those people, and it drives me nuts. Also, today i had a minor right turn crash. It was raining, i was in rain mode, and I'm a pretty well trained rider, can't figure it out... Fact remains i love the bike. Ride safely
Why do they veer? And glad to know it can be comfortable. I was looking at the comfort seat for the bike. Do the rearsets feel good? Or do you have aftermarket. I have the vortex on my zx10r and hate the fact they ****ed up the rear brake light sensor and they haven’t made it more comfortable at all. Even if they look sexy.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 12:08 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_meToo18 View Post
Contemplating a bmw for my next ride and so here I am. 25 been riding since 18. Have had a
92’ CBR 600 (Susie Q)
02 GSXR 600 (Goldie)
Converted her to a 04 1K
14 Tuono V4r (Francesca)

Miss the ride of the crotch instead of the sit up. So planning on trading in my T. But still torn between BMW and RSV4.

Leaning towards BMW. Had some issues with my T. She’s Italian. So. You know...

Trying to gain some knowledge and find my next baby.
Had at least 12 bikes - kawi suzuki bimota aprilla - first time on the bmw and i was sold - by far the best

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Nobody can figure out the veer, search previous topics (I'm convinced it's the rigid brake like giving input, changed the rigid clutch cable). For most, it's only an issue when riding hands free (which in all honesty, i do quite often), but i really feel it when setting up for a right turn, the bike turns in prematurely. I have the saddleman seat, stock was comfortable but felt like it wanted to push me towards the tank, saddleman Gel solved that. Stock rear sets, if anything, I'd like them a bit higher (I'm 6'1, 180, 40-something). They're much more designed for comfort than control at standards height and with another 2 inches less room i could get a lot more leverage. Not to say handling isn't epic, it is. Also, as with any other Superbike, it's hot. Really hot. Feel free to ask anything else, the only thing i genuinely dislike about her is the veer (search the site for more info but no definitive fix).
Yeah umm not to worried about the beer I suppose. And I ha have read of the heat and how to combat it on the bike. Still don’t feel it will be worse then the Kawi. That bitch will get hot with no fairings on and run in the low 200’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dillinger View Post
Had at least 12 bikes - kawi suzuki bimota aprilla - first time on the bmw and i was sold - by far the best
Yeah. I’m really leaning towards it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode