S1000rr akrapovic laser etched slip on vs hp4 etched slip on. - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb S1000rr akrapovic laser etched slip on vs hp4 etched slip on.

Hey guys, I have a quick question, I just bought the Laser Etched Akrapovic slip on for my 2010 S1000rr, however, it arrived and looks awesome but theres an HP underneath the Akrapovic laser etched sign.

Why is this? Does anyone know the difference between the two? I see that some bikes in Europe and some other Akrapovic models (laser etched as well for other BMW models may have HP written on them as well).

I saw only one for sale like mine which is on ebay but ships out of S. Korea. I bought mine at a reputable BMW bike dealership (MAX BMW MOTORSPORTS) on Amazon. (I also saw on a BMW reseller in India (seen some HP4 inscribed on some slip ons some other bmw model.

Bottom line is, does anyone know the difference or why? It looks sick I just want to know why its not like the other ones I have seen around. Please see below and thanks.

Here is the link to what mine looks like

AKRAPOVIC Shorty Slip-On Exhaust System BMWS1000RR BMWS1000R Laser etched | eBay

And heres the link to what most S1000RR's Ive seen have

77117723814- Exhaust Systems- Sierra BMW Online- BMW S1000RR|S1000R HP Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 07:53 PM

The answer is right there. What you bought is not a BMW part. The other one you listed IS a BMW part. Otherwise they look identical to me. Now read the rules and do your intros properly - we want to know what you ride, how long you've been riding and all that stuff. We have needs too. Been waiting two years.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 08:32 PM

Location: 90 minutes from Brainerd International Raceway, Minnesota
Garage

Lol.

**Current bikes**
'18 Yamaha YZ250FX
'08 Yamaha WR250X
'16 BMW S1000RR Premium
'15 MV AGUSTA BRUTALE 1090RR Corsa
'14 Yamaha Zuma 125
'20 Kawasaki KLX110L

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 10:48 PM

Garage
That's crazy lol. I think he won this year's lurker reward.

They also offer different "long can" exhausts that look the same in size and shape. The ones you posted are almost identical though. Never seen them do that.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Sorry about that, dont know what I was thinking.

I Been riding for over seven years, this is my fourth bike, my second S1000RR. This one is a 2010 S1K. It's funny you say it's not a BMW part, I bought it from a BMW reseller and all the exhaust itself, on the heat shield has a BMW etched logo inside of it. Warranty card and all. Should I return it? It looks sick though. I called a BMW Store in Nevada and they told me it's their newer model, that they are adding the HP on there now, same deal with the Bmw authorized reseller I bought it from, told me it's a newer thing. Again, you guys" input would greatly be appreciated. Like I mentioned up top, the heat shield has a BMW logo etched on the inside part.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

By the way, on that second link that I posted, that is a BMW online store, if you read the details of the item, it's states that there is an HP laser etched writing on there as well just like mine however their picture does not show it.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 01:50 AM

@Ozabani Check the eBay link you posted, third picture, you can see the part# which is the same part# of the exhaust posted in your Second link ( Sierra BMW ) both Akrapovic exhaust systems made for BMW bikes, its just that your one is cooler with HP written on it, plus that HP means 7 more HP which is good.

I had a long can Akrapovic for 2016 S1000RR with same HP written
cyclesailor955 likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

@AE-S1KRR Thanks my man, I appreciate the thorough and quick answer. Is it for a fact that i gaing yhose 7 more little horses?

Thanks again fellas. Cheers.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 10:16 AM

The eBay item could be a counterfeit part. The Akro plant is not in Busan South Korea which makes me wonder.......... Maybe his wife bought it for him and he doesn't like it.
cyclesailor955 likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Sorry everyone, I am typing on my cell phone and I have big fingers therefore the typos . That's exactly what I thought, the South Korean could be a counterfeit that's why I bought it from Max motor Bmw , however, I have talked to over 2 Bmw authorized resellers and they're all saying that their Akrapovic"s are all like that with the HP on there. They changed the design.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode