BMW HP4 model 2013 Quickshifter issue - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

BMW HP4 model 2013 Quickshifter issue

Hi, I am a racer and I have an issue with my quickshifter; it just will not switch gear especially at high rpm. Anyone else has the same? what is the solution? what eventual aftermarket part do you guys suggest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 05:53 AM

First off I would suggest you take it to a dealer who can reset the engine and gearbox adaptations. They will reset the quick shifter and transmission position sensor. Re teach it in to the bike.

I recently had an issue with a S1000RR not shifting into first gear from neutral. Once hot it was worse. There was a clunk like it selected first gear but it just clunks and stays in neutral.

There is a stiffer shift spring you can buy. One racer with a hp4 said the spring improved the bike out of sight. When I fitted it to the S1000RR with the problem I found that it was too stiff and once First gear was selected the gear lever would stay jammed down and not return. You had to push it back with your foot. However the OEM spring was too weak and would not apply enough force to shift properly. I have ordered an OEM spring hopefully it is stronger than the current OEM one being 20,000kms old. One is too stiff and one is too weak.

You can adjust the gear lever position on the spline to apply more force or you can adjust the quick shifter itself. Or try the spring and see if that helps.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 07:17 AM
sro

Have you installed an aftermarket rearset recently?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 08:32 PM

Fix for Shift Assist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
First off I would suggest you take it to a dealer who can reset the engine and gearbox adaptations. They will reset the quick shifter and transmission position sensor. Re teach it in to the bike.

I recently had an issue with a S1000RR not shifting into first gear from neutral. Once hot it was worse. There was a clunk like it selected first gear but it just clunks and stays in neutral.

There is a stiffer shift spring you can buy. One racer with a hp4 said the spring improved the bike out of sight. When I fitted it to the S1000RR with the problem I found that it was too stiff and once First gear was selected the gear lever would stay jammed down and not return. You had to push it back with your foot. However the OEM spring was too weak and would not apply enough force to shift properly. I have ordered an OEM spring hopefully it is stronger than the current OEM one being 20,000kms old. One is too stiff and one is too weak.

You can adjust the gear lever position on the spline to apply more force or you can adjust the quick shifter itself. Or try the spring and see if that helps.
I would respectively disagree with most of this.

Stay away from the stiffer spring, it's just a Band-Aid to the real problem. Also, installing the spring would not cause the shift lever to stick unless it was installed wrong.

I believe that you can not "adjust" the quick shifter unless you have the kit ECU and calibration kit installed. It is one of the many parameters accessible when using the Calibration Kit.

You can re-calibrate (adaptation) the quick shifter your self. PM me for the procedure. It is very simple to do.

The shift lever (upper, on the shift shaft) position is already in the optimal position from the factory as far as leverage is concerned.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 08:36 PM

You can search the forums for information on the Regulus Racing Shift Solution. I have posted many in-depth explanations on the workings of the transmissions on the S1000RR's. All are very easy to fix when you understand what's really causing the problems. Also, I think you will find many members that could verify the solutions and explanations I discuss.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2014, 02:16 AM

The stiffer spring did indeed make it not return as it was holding too much pressure on the selector star. The oem spring would not apply enough though. Any way that's a separate issue.

When I meant adjust the quick shifter you can do a minor adjustment at one end without upsetting it.

I have not personally used the Calibration kit so I can't comment there. I know there is a lot you can do.

You obviously have your own solutions and have a product suited to this problem. I was only offering suggestions from a dealer standpoint as I am a motorrad tech. More opinions the better though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode