Small company leather suits question - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Small company leather suits question

So I am looking into getting a suit for next year and a buddy of mine mentioned a company off of ebay where he got his suit for much cheaper.. obviously. I was immediately skeptical because i have never heard of the company who makes the suits but ended up doing some research anyways. They are a small company in the U.S. that makes leather racing suits with 1.3mm premium milled leather and use CE certified protective armor. They make suits that can either be completely custom or mimic the big brands such a Dianese, Aplinestars, BMW, etc. Although it seems the material components closely match what the big brands use I cant help but think something must be off for the price to be about half of what Dianese cost. I would have never thought to even consider buying "off-brand" safety gear but this got me thinking a bit. Any thoughts on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 03:32 PM

Get a Gimoto suit. WSBK quality (they are guys on the grid with them) for half the price of Dainese for a custom colored suit.

Also, the turn around time for a Dainese suit is like 6months...it's a while. I got my Gimoto in 5 weeks.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 03:36 PM
Lifetime Member

I have no personal experience with using the products.

Sometimes its the old saying you get what you pay for in amount of $$

I have seen those ads on ebay with $1200 BMW Motorrad suits from AS only costing $350.

They indicate 1.3 leather with full protection as you indicated. Kangaroo is extra if you want it. The feedback is actually mostly positive. Only one I read was with the sizing being way off and wanted a full refund. Most negs where just long waiting and shipping times.

Most will look at it as the protection you get for $1200 may save your life and skin.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I am old fashioned in that sense as well but when I saw what he paid for the suit compared to the big companies I couldn't help but research. I have seem nothing but good reviews as well on this company other than sizing and shipping issues as you mentioned. Definitely food for thought.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 04:02 PM

Have any links? Talking about the $299 team ones with $60 shipping?

Edit-like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Tyco-Mo...czkA:rk:3:pf:0

///Xtremsiege2
2016 B&RR s1000rr Premium

Last edited by Xtremsiege2; 10-24-2018 at 04:26 PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah thats the one. I dont have the links at the moment, im on my work computer and they are saved in my favorites at my home computer. Any experience with them?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 05:22 PM

Garage
it's cheap low quality garbage made in Pakistan, might aswell buy a Bilt/cycle gear suit.
You always get what you pay for!!
kihtay and Bobby Johnny like this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 05:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtStiglets View Post
Yeah thats the one. I dont have the links at the moment, im on my work computer and they are saved in my favorites at my home computer. Any experience with them?
I see you are in the DMV area, this Ebay seller is listed in Annapolis, MD go check it out, tell him you want to be fitted.

I had a fake pakistani made Dainese jacket, garbage quality
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiev1981 View Post
I see you are in the DMV area, this Ebay seller is listed in Annapolis, MD go check it out, tell him you want to be fitted.

I had a fake pakistani made Dainese jacket, garbage quality
I reached out to him but he said it would be ILLEGAL for me to come in person due to ebay regulations. Given my existing knowledge and everyone's input on things, I'm going to go with a reputable brand that I know will have my back if i go down. My body will thank me later.
Bunky927 likes this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 12:00 PM

if it is not ce certified avoid it think of it like a helmet would you buy a no name helmet and trust it to perform. There are a lot of suits out there that are good quality and decent prices. you just have to shop around everything is made over seas but I would look for something with a ce rating to be safe.
If you need a custom suit go with dianese gimoto heroic. If you can fit off the shelf sizes than dianese revit cortech alpinestar rst and more check out European manufactures fc-moto has some good deals and ebay but shop around if your in a budget.
Bobby Johnny likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode