Just installed my Bazzaz Z-AFM Self Mapper - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Just installed my Bazzaz Z-AFM Self Mapper

I switched to the full SS exhaust from Akrapovic and purchased the Z-FI Fuel Management box. I also baffled the shorty can to keep it a little less offensive. So now I had a custom application that was begging to be tuned properly. The bike was definitely slower and the power curve was sloppy. So i added the Z-AFM which required me to weld in the bung for the wide band O2 sensor. I installed all and took her for a maiden voyage with the mapper recording and collecting data on Air Fuel Ratios for every conceivable combination of RPM and Throttle Position. The folks at Bazzaz were incredibly helpful and answered all my questions and walked me through any issues I encountered. When i displayed the observed AFRs during my drive cycle, it was clear that the bike was running extremely rich in the higher RPMs at higher throttle twist. The Bazzaz Z-AFM made recommendations on leaning and richening the injectors to achieve a 13.0 AFR throughout.. I am sure i could benefit from some additional tuning on a dyno, but for now, i'm real happy with the setup - sound and performance is pretty satisfying.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 10:21 AM

What's a Bazzaz?

I know I want one, because I want to add rhinestones and studs to my jeans.

No, wait... That's a "Be-Dazzl."

Oh, I know! It's a mysterious female anatomy part found ... No, wait... That's a "Vee-Jazzl."

Ok, I give up. What's a Bazzaz?

Ha

2014 HP-4 Comp
2013 HP-4 Std
2013 K1300s
2011 ST1300
and on and on
Cali Superbike School 8 times
[planning Code R.A.C.E., 2015!]
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 10:30 AM

I have the same setup. I usually let the bazzaz fine tune the settings three times before I leave it alone. First time is major and the second two are the Tweeks here and there

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Street- 2014 BMW HP4

Track/Race- 2015 BMW S1000rr/ 2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R- the usual race mods.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 12:56 PM

What he said....mostly

I usually do the triple capture as well, but i do it for 2 or 3 different weather conditions. I.e cold, warm, hot. (Relating to the ambient temperature:-))

This is so that i can quickly and easily swap maps based upon current weather conditions.

I also like to specify the afm that i am shooting for in each individual cell, not simply the single afm for everything. (That is a preference though, not amrequirement)

Last edited by terminex; 10-11-2014 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Sp
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankym View Post
I switched to the full SS exhaust from Akrapovic and purchased the Z-FI Fuel Management box. I also baffled the shorty can to keep it a little less offensive. So now I had a custom application that was begging to be tuned properly. The bike was definitely slower and the power curve was sloppy. So i added the Z-AFM which required me to weld in the bung for the wide band O2 sensor. I installed all and took her for a maiden voyage with the mapper recording and collecting data on Air Fuel Ratios for every conceivable combination of RPM and Throttle Position. The folks at Bazzaz were incredibly helpful and answered all my questions and walked me through any issues I encountered. When i displayed the observed AFRs during my drive cycle, it was clear that the bike was running extremely rich in the higher RPMs at higher throttle twist. The Bazzaz Z-AFM made recommendations on leaning and richening the injectors to achieve a 13.0 AFR throughout.. I am sure i could benefit from some additional tuning on a dyno, but for now, i'm real happy with the setup - sound and performance is pretty satisfying.

You are now where i was two years ago

i sold my Bazzaz along with the Z-AFM and i don't even regret it, even though it was working perfectly and gave me good power and their customer service was excellent but it simply can't be compared with my current Brentune ECU reflash version 2 or even with the version 1 device i before!! The bike is so smooth and throttle response is unbelievable sharp, that how the bike should've come from factory.

I know Brentune is more expensive than bazzaz but in my point of view it is worth every single extra dollar . No more junk of extra wires or device attached to the bike (stealthy mod), no more installation required to fit a device, no need to go to the dyno to tune your bike to get a good map especially if you switch between pump or race gas or even change some mods on your bike like exhaust or filter.

I wish you good luck with your bazzaz

I still have my dyno tuned bazzaz maps if you interested in them?

SOLD 2010 S1000RR-Austin Racing GP3 full Exhaust - Brentuning ECU reflash & tune - Sprint airfilter - BST wheels - Ceramic wheel bearings , 5" stretch, lowered, Brock's Performance clutch mod & heavy spring kit & front strap kit, APE Clutch, -1 front sprocket
8.78 sec on 91 pump gas (8.41s on mr12 on my friend's similar spec bike)
8.05s on 2015 S1000RR with KWS built engine

YouTube: BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN
Instagram:BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 03:22 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000RR Bahrain View Post
You are now where i was two years ago

i sold my Bazzaz along with the Z-AFM and i don't even regret it, even though it was working perfectly and gave me good power and their customer service was excellent but it simply can't be compared with my current Brentune ECU reflash version 2 or even with the version 1 device i before!! The bike is so smooth and throttle response is unbelievable sharp, that how the bike should've come from factory.

I know Brentune is more expensive than bazzaz but in my point of view it is worth every single extra dollar . No more junk of extra wires or device attached to the bike (stealthy mod), no more installation required to fit a device, no need to go to the dyno to tune your bike to get a good map especially if you switch between pump or race gas or even change some mods on your bike like exhaust or filter.

I wish you good luck with your bazzaz

What's the difference between the Brentuning version 1 and version 2?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpower View Post
What's the difference between the Brentuning version 1 and version 2?
More info on this subject in the link below:

https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/ex...l-release.html

what i can feel and will verify on the dyno and on the drag strip, is that the maps of the V2 version is stronger than the V1 version maps

SOLD 2010 S1000RR-Austin Racing GP3 full Exhaust - Brentuning ECU reflash & tune - Sprint airfilter - BST wheels - Ceramic wheel bearings , 5" stretch, lowered, Brock's Performance clutch mod & heavy spring kit & front strap kit, APE Clutch, -1 front sprocket

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 04:25 PM

Bazzaz map for Akra SS system

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN View Post

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but I now have a 2013 with the same setup and it really needs a tune. Could you please share the maps with me? I'm losing lots of top-end speed on the main straights at the track. Up to 20 km/h by the end.
Please email me at [email protected].
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben DangerZone View Post
Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but I now have a 2013 with the same setup and it really needs a tune. Could you please share the maps with me? I'm losing lots of top-end speed on the main straights at the track. Up to 20 km/h by the end.
Please email me at [email protected].

I think i deleted them long time back, i'll check if i have a copy in my external

disk drive.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode