Need help tuning out jerky throttle around 5k on rapidbike - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Need help tuning out jerky throttle around 5k on rapidbike

Hi all, I’ve got an akra full ti system on my 2015 rr, standard long can, and rapidbike system with wideband sensor installed. I’m getting jerkiness in the throttle response when barely cracked open at around 5k rpms. It feels like I’m opening and closing the throttle a little bit even though I’m holding it steady.

I’m thinking maybe adding some fuel in the rapid bike tuning tables in this area may help.

Any Thoughts?

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

2015 S1000RR
2014 KTM XCW300 Six Days
2009 GasGas TXT 280 Trials (sold)
2008 CBR1000 (track) for sale, pm if interested
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoebrian5 View Post
Hi all, I’ve got an akra full ti system on my 2015 rr, standard long can, and rapidbike system with wideband sensor installed. I’m getting jerkiness in the throttle response when barely cracked open at around 5k rpms. It feels like I’m opening and closing the throttle a little bit even though I’m holding it steady.

I’m thinking maybe adding some fuel in the rapid bike tuning tables in this area may help.

Any Thoughts?
I'd like to see your maps... Do you use one map for each gear? If so, which gear does it do this? Is your throttle properly calibrated in rapid bike? Do you have gs911 to calibrate throttle body and reset adaptations?

Simplest explanation is a choppy map = choppy response
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 05:05 PM

also, have you plugged the secondary air injection ports and also plugged hole at air box?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Hi Smash, thx for helping.

I just have the basic map that Yaman setup for me. I think it is all targeted at 13.2. I’ll plug in and get a screenshot uploaded.

Yes I did plug the air injection ports.

I do have a GS911
smash adams likes this.

2015 S1000RR
2014 KTM XCW300 Six Days
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Hi Smash, thx for helping.

I just have the basic map that Yaman setup for me. I think it is all targeted at 13.2. I’ll plug in and get a screenshot uploaded.

Yes I did plug the air injection ports.

I do have a GS911
Have you overwritten the base map with the autocorrect map at all? This inputs a base value to get closer to target, 13.2, based on what the sensor reads. After overwriting the base maps with the auto corrected maps it will be closer. After accepting it, it is good to smooth out the maps. Also, Yaman says to unplug the stock o2 sensor connectors from both rapid bike and oem harness and you will need to check the corresponding box in rapid bike software. I have spent many hours tuning my maps per gear and will try to get you close but time is $$$ and I don't have much of either at the moment!
Tahoebrian5 likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

So far I wrote the adaption map onto the base map, smoothed it a bit, and added a little bit of fuel at 10% throttle from 4K to 6k. It does seem like it helped a little bit.

Question, How do I adjust the mixture at 0% throttle?

2015 S1000RR
2014 KTM XCW300 Six Days
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
So far I wrote the adaption map onto the base map, smoothed it a bit, and added a little bit of fuel at 10% throttle from 4K to 6k. It does seem like it helped a little bit.

Question, How do I adjust the mixture at 0% throttle?
0% throttle bumpiness is likely a bad calibration between grip and throttle bodies. Reset throttle adaptations with gs911 and allow to run at idle with no throttle blipping up to 215F
Tahoebrian5 likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash adams View Post
0% throttle bumpiness is likely a bad calibration between grip and throttle bodies. Reset throttle adaptations with gs911 and allow to run at idle with no throttle blipping up to 215F
Thank you sir, I will give this a shot and report back.
smash adams likes this.

2015 S1000RR
2014 KTM XCW300 Six Days
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 11:42 AM

The instructions from Rapidbike says to keep stock O2 sensors plugged and to connect Rapidbike harness to them. Maybe this doesn't account for aftermarket full exhaust?

2014 S1KRR. I have full Akra exhaust, installed Rapidbike Evo with MyTune module and wideband sensor installed. So I guess its reading both stock sensors AND wideband sensor? I am unable to get my AFR to read “OK”, also unable to overwrite my Autotune map onto base-map. I have a feeling its related to stock sensors. U think in my situation i might be ok to disconnect stock sensors as u previously mentioned (from Yaman)?

https://i1064.photobucket.com/albums...e.png~original

[QUOTE=smash adams;2336928

Have you overwritten the base map with the autocorrect map at all? This inputs a base value to get closer to target, 13.2, based on what the sensor reads. After overwriting the base maps with the auto corrected maps it will be closer. After accepting it, it is good to smooth out the maps. Also, Yaman says to unplug the stock o2 sensor connectors from both rapid bike and oem harness and you will need to check the corresponding box in rapid bike software. I have spent many hours tuning my maps per gear and will try to get you close but time is $$$ and I don't have much of either at the moment![/QUOTE]
smash adams likes this.

I lova da bike so mush. She's good.

Last edited by karimak2; 07-18-2019 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Not sure how to add photos
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 06:53 PM

Garage
I have RB Evo with MyTuningBike on my XR, still have the OEN sensors connected as well as the WB sensor. I have loaded' the autotune trim map to the base map, you need to right click on the grid where the trims are and then select the option to apply to the base map. It will clear the AutoTune trim table as well.

I did at one stage disconnect the OEM sensors(reset the adaptations with GS911), ran the bike for several hundred miles, but went back to having the OEM sensors connected as my bike felt better that way. Have a similar setup on my R with the same results.
smash adams likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode